Body Weight/Height Waiver - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck to the OP, keep us updated here. My post 14 was meant for another thread where someone was whining about something, so I have a request in to a squad leader to delete it from this particular thread.....good luck to the OP here.

Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    You either have to be under 191, or be under the max body fat percentage for your age. For example, if you weigh in and are over 191, you have to body fat tape; if you tape under the max percentage (18 or 19% bodyfat) then you're good to go and its the same as making weight. This is AFTER OCS and TBS, etc. As far as OCS goes, you need to get under 191 to even get selected. But if you wanna be brolic when you hit the fleet, just stay under that 18 or 19% body fat max.
    Problem with this thought direction is this is for someone who is already in and "Made It" not for a... Cadet? What do they call individuals at OCS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    The USMC makes concessions for age when it comes to the physical fitness test (PFT) but not height/weight. Not sure if the same thing is true for the Combat Fitness Test (CFT). Never ran one (and I'm glad).
    They do make some consessions.. 300 is still the same 300 for the PFT only difference is at the age of 17 the first class score drops from 225 to 200, and for the CFT you get a little help with the MUF and Movement to contact i believe its 250 for movement to contact and something like 225 for MUF and your ammo cans go from 92 to 97 so you have to do more... Old man strength i guess.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Cadet? What do they call individuals at OCS?
    candidate

To get INTO OCS, you need to be under the max weight. However, once he's "made it" [completed OCS and commissioned], he can be over his max weight as long as he tapes out under the 18 or 19% max.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    he can be over his max weight as long as he tapes out under the 18 or 19% max.
    I do not know...this is the reason for my question........in the dinosaur age regardless of tape or BMI if a Marine in uniform....even if tailored looked overweight.........or soup/shiat sammich' they could be discharged even after remedial PT....if appearance didn't change is this still in effect?

Yeah, I figured that I'd be foolish to base anything that the Marines do off of the Air Force. I don't believe I will have an issue with maintaining that weight once I get down there. I just wanted to get more general knowledge moving forward

Thanks, and I'm definitely not a guy ignorant enough to believe that I'm in Marine shape. I have friends in the Corps that tell me that they always feel like they're in great shape until they get around other Marines.

And there's no way I'd ask for a 60 lb waiver haha. I have just over a year to lose that weight and I'm going to do it steadily. And when I get down to that weight I'll be very surprised if I'm over 10%. That would actually be a bummer.

My OSO made it very clear that I would have to get under the mandated weight to be able to even have the chance. I know I wouldn't last at this weight so I wouldn't have went this summer even if offered(which is literally impossible). When I go I want to give myself the best chance to excel during the physical things so that I can learn efficiently

Then I will do so. Thanks

Thanks. I admit that I was shocked to hear how much weight I would have to lose because I know some pretty diesel dudes in the Corps but that makes sense. once I get down to that weight I don't see me getting back over 200lbs for a while so at the very least I would be able to cut down to my mandated weight when necessary.

Thank you sir. My guess was 20% because I was actually recorded at 29% last year when I weighed over 280lbs and I feel that my body composition has greatly improved. I wouldn't mind a higher bp right now because that would make an easier transition. But nothing worth doing is easy. I'll update my profile with pictures soon, I've just been caught up with school, work, and training.

Yeah I just made the transition from defensive tackle to fullback so that's why i'm slightly over. I came into last season at 296 and after discussions with my coach decided that I should drop weight to assist our offense and give me a shot at the next level. My goal playing weight was 240 so I was going to be around 15% regardless. My new career choice has just lit a fire under that.

Thanks man. When you say to keep you updated, should i provide weight updates in pictures in here? I'm honestly looking for any advice that I can get

Thread Information