Reserves, College, then OCS?
Create Post

Reserves, College, then OCS?

Hello,

I'm currently in college and am thinking of joining the reserves. My question is can I join the reserves, stay in college, and then go to OCS after I graduate?

Thanks in advance,

Evan

Similar Threads:

Yes you can. Or you can spend time at your unit, pick up CPL, then apply to the PLC program which sends you to OCS in the summers between your college semesters. Basically, you have alot of options. However, if you want to be an officer, why are you enlisting in the reserves?

I know people who are in the reserves and in college now. If Im remembering correctly, enlisted can apply for OCS after taking so many years of college. I just didn't know if it was possible to join in that particular order. I have not talked to a recruiter yet because of lack of time.

You can go STRAIGHT to OCS via the PLC program without having to enlist first. You DONT need to enlist to attend OCS.

Edit: Go to Officer.Marines.com; fill out the applicant info, an OSO (officer recruiter basically) should contact you shortly. Again, you can attend OCS without having to enlist first. Any questions, feel free to ask.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    DO NOT ENLIST IN THE RESERVES IF YOUR END GOAL IS TO BECOME AN OFFICER!!!!

Enlisting in the reserves does not give a leg up or an advantage when applying for a commissioning package(PLC or OCC). If anything it will set you back because of the time taken away from school when you have to go to bootcamp, MCT, MOS school, and then your drill weekends and AT each year. Get all the delusions of grandeur out of your head too that you'll be a more respected officer if you came from the enlisted side first, this only really applies to true Mustang Officers who did 4+ years or more active duty and had multiple deployments....not weekend warriors who just earned the title.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Go speak with an OSO in your area/for your school and get a PLC package started, if he feels your are officer material he will do everything he can to get you in shape and through everything necessary

Thread Information