Who was a MOS 0351- 106mm RR and when/where were you stationed?
Create Post

Who was a MOS 0351- 106mm RR and when/where were you stationed?

I went to ITS after MCRDSD in Aug 1975 as a 0351. We shot the 3.5 Rocket Launcher, LAAW, as well, and trained on the 106mm RR and Demo more extensivly.
    Went to Oki (Camp Schwab) in Nov 1975 & was assigned to H&S Co 3/9 - 106 Platoon. 106mm RR w/50cal spotting rifle atop, usually on a "Mule" (some times a tripod) is all I used my whole 13 month tour overseas.
    Being "the GUNNER", I would drive the mule and would deploy from usually an Amtrak. Beach to Amtrak, Amtrak to Ship well deck and then visa-versa.
    It was a very cool job for me and for being a 0300 out of boot camp. Did training in Japan, Camp Fugi, PI (3) times and a host of other West Pac stops. That time went lightning fast. Got back to states and went to NCO Academy as a driver/instructor assistant. Loved that job too.

Similar Threads:

I was 0351 from 84-88 at Camp Pendleton, but at that time it was the Dragon Weapon Sytem. Wired guided, shoulder fired anti-tank missile.

I trained as 0351 in 1976 at camp pendleton.went to naples italy as an 8151 Marine security. by the time i came back state side 1979 mos changed from 0351 to 0352 dragon wire guided missle

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ITS became something else in 87, they renamed it, go figure. Its now or was SOI, School of Infatry. I was a ITS Marine also. DId Oki and PI , Oki twice. But welcome aboard Marine.
    SF

Thread Information