confused about recruiters - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Sure you can, and you can also find out WHY this recruiter said that. There are a lot of options for you. And you can't change your username, admin is the only one who can do it, and finding one is like finding a needle in a haystack. Make that 100 haystacks.

Ok then i will go to another recruiter, I do not know maybe he had a bad day or was stressed. But recruiters can not tell someone they can't be a Marine! I hope i can make it to Paris Island and claim the title Marine. semper fi!

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    "Parlez-vous français?" ....you are not trying to join the French Foreign Legion....so if you are excepted as a Woman Marine.....you will be going to "Parris Island",SC

News flash. Recruiters are the first line of defense against people enlisting who are not qualified. Weeding out is one of their missions. So yes, recruiters can, and do, tell people they cannot be Marines...every day.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navyseals22 View Post
    But recruiters can not tell someone they can't be a Marine

LOLOLOL

Yes, actually they can...If they feel you don't have what it takes to become one or if they feel you are not a good fit they can and will prevent you from joining.

Joining the military isn't an American or human right, it's a privilege.

Josephd; do you mean that joining he military is not an entitlement? Well, that is contrary to what most young folks believe. Don't believe it? Ask them!

Screw having to be qualified to join; that's old school.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    One of the FUNCTIONS of a recruiter is to weed out people who are not likely to make it, are disqualified, or whatever. That's part of their JOB, to tell a person he or she is not a good fit for the Corps.

But, as I already stated, why not ask the recruiter why he feels that way? It could be something you said, or questions you asked. What do you have to lose by finding out why he has that viewpoint?

I agree that there is nothing to lose by asking the question, and I have no problem with doing it. However, we don't know the full background before the recruiter allegedly made the statement; we only know what has been posted.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Yep--agreed--my second to last sentence---it's gotta be something she said or asked or did. But instead of asking us about it, better that she ask the person who said it to begin with. That info might come in handy, and alert her to some question or mannerism she has that she might keep under wraps next time she speaks to a recruiter. But you're right, we don't have the whole story (and hardly ever do).

And it won't be a rose garden but very challenging! and female recruits do the same thing males do except the pull ups.

Thank You. I guess I'm confused about what happened. Being a Marine is what I really want to do. I could be in the Air Force, Navy or army but Marines stand out to me. Can I talk to another recruiter or not? I do not know what happened. Recruiter do their job of making sure people are qualified to be in the Military. An I was qualified but not physically fit. I will see if I really want to be a Marine. Semper Fi

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    posts 31--37--39 all advised you to find out from your recruiter why he said what he said. And yes, see another recruiter. But unless you don't mind the same thing happening, please consider heeding the advice someone else gave you in those posts that I noticed just now.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by navyseals22 View Post

I'm very confused right now,

I called my recruiter in January to enlist in the Marines,
    asked questions about why
    Marines are called Jarhead,
    Leatherneck ,
    and Devil Dogs?

asked about how long a deployment will last,

but when I asked about what to expect at Parris Island ,
    I got , I don't think you can make it!

then I went in the recruiter's office and got ,
    we choose people who can succeed at boot camp
    and don't want you to fail.

Is this normal?
    I was ready to enlist in the Marines !

and also get, I don't think the Army is right for you either.
    Try the Air Force
    or Navy .

Marines, what should I do?
    go to a different recruiter
    or try the Navy out.
    I really wanted to be a Marine!

and also had to go thru very anti war people
    who said I would kill people,
    be killed,
    that Marines are dishonest
    and I was a terrorist!

I'm worn out. Semper Fi!
    I'm slow....\
    I"ve read this posting for over a month now.
    and it doesn't make sense...

I realize we now have a "Professional Miltary"
    this little girl doesn't sound like she WANTS
    badly enough to earn the title...
    Perhaps she would be as the recruiter said,
    well advised to try for another branch of service.

OR perhaps another Profession altogether.

Here's my take on this. Three(3) pages of help and advice, and she isn't taking any of it. She needs to cut to the chase and either do what needs to be done, or forget it.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    True. It's Not confusing at all. When she reads post 42 and takes some advice, the simple matter will be forever resolved. Those who read but do nothing, end up having the same issues for decades. Makes sense. action vs inaction. Recruiter aint gonna call her up and explain what he meant.

Thread Information