confused about recruiters - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    While we're so busy thinking outside the box, how about reverse promotions? Start off as general out of boot camp, working your way DOWN to give others a chance to go up the ladder. Half would be going up, half would be coming down, a wonderful opportunity for transgenders, lesbians, gays, and the minority of just plain old Americans. Hey, got to think outside the box!

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I don't see how the average private nowadays can stand not being promoted to E-6 or 7 right out of boot camp. It just isn't right.

Too good for this or that MOS, no instantaneous promotions. What a tough world it's become. So different from home.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    hahahahaha

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    I knew you'd like that, Jimmy.

The way this new SecDef talks, I don't even think he would require them to complete bootcamp or wear a uniform. To lure some middle-aged experienced cyberspace geek away from MICROSOFT, he would offer them a big sign-on bonus, E6 or E7, a cubicle at some intel center somewhere stateside, and a no deployment guarantee. This ain't your grandpa's SecDef!

So tough and mean and cruel on this site !!! But I like it like THAT... S/F

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    One option would be to have boot camp entirely online, for convenience and your viewing pleasure. The boots could then stay on their computers and still become Marines.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I am confused about this thread..........

Phantom, when are you not confused ?

With a profile pic like that, why am I not surprised!

I don't listen to anti war people anyway! they are just cowards for not joining the military and want everyone to go to college! but can college teach you respect? disipline or courage? If i don't join the Marines, i will regret it later on! i will try a different recruiter. I really want to be a Marine. Marines are different then other branches! and they have culture and pride. It won't be easy but i do not want a easy path! Semper Fi!

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navyseals22 View Post
    I don't listen to anti war people anyway! they are just cowards for not joining the military and want everyone to go to college! but can college teach you respect? disipline or courage?
    this is one of the most one-sided generalizations I've ever heard, just because someone is anti-war does not mean they are cowards for no joining the military. I would say that most legitemate anti-war people are veterans themselves. No one should be "pro-war".

And yes college can teach respect, discipline, and courage...it is different than what you get in the Corps or military obviously. Getting things out of what you do is based on what you make of it....college, military, jobs, etc....

you need to think more objectively and critically about things, this single post puts an idea in my head of what kind of person you are (blindly patriotic/motivated). Your type doesn't last long

sorry i won't do it again

I would like that! I'm very confused right now, I qualify for the Marines but am confused about recruiters. I'll change my username, i couldn't think of anything but Navy Seals. I'll change it. I know being a Marine will not be easy but that is what i really want! Marines are not like the Army, Navy or Air Force! You have to earn the title Marine! if the Marine Corps boot camp was easy there would be no Marine Corps.

i'm confused to, I was about to enlist and get that i can't because the recruiter thinks i will fail boot camp? can i talk to another recruiter or not?

Thread Information