Commuications MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Commuications MOS

Hello Marines, first off thank you for your service and sacrifice. I am currently a Poolee hoping to earn the title Marine with a signed contract in Communications. I was curious after the completion of recruit training and MCT what exactly will happen? I know I will go to 29 Palms for my MOS training but I haven't been able to find out how long I will be there or how my actual MOS will be assigned to me. Thank you in advance.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    It'll be assigned to you by the end of boot camp or at some point during MCT. How long you will be in 29 Palms will be based on what specific MOS you get so that is almost impossible to answer at this point

Thank you sir.

Primary MOS assignments and travel orders to school are handed out the day before graduating from MCT. Not saying this will happen to you. But, every graduating class at MCT has some Marines who are disappointed because they did not end up getting the MOS they "thought" they were going to get. This includes some who think they are going to 29 Palms but don't. Always remember the golden rule when it comes to MOS assignments, promotions, reenlistments, school seats, duty station assignments, etc. Everything boils down to the needs of the USMC. The sooner you accept that reality, the better off you'll be.

Semper Gumby right? Thank you sir. If I don't get the MOS I signed for I wont be devastated, Ill just be happy to have earned the title Marine. Thanks again.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good and refreshing attitude. Good luck to you, keep us posted here as to how things turn out, even though this thread will drop to the bottom of the pile if left alone very long. Good posts, good attitude---you'll do well.

I was a 2841 Ground Radio Repairman. It was 9 months in 29 palms which was the longest comm. school there.

I wonder what is the longest MOS school in the Corps?

Guessing, I would say one of the linguists MOS's like Mandarin Chinese which has several dialects. Learning to swallow one's tongue while speaking Arabic would also be a challenge. Heard those classes at the DLI in Monterey, CA take so long, student's dependents are authorized base housing.

Good One, TOP !

Funny thing about the 2841 Course in 29 Palms. My original MOS was 2831 (Mux radio tech), which is the longest school in 29 Palms. Most people I knew were in the 2841 course that Big Boz went through. One guy there was a DLI drop. So he got dropped from the longest school in the Corps and sent to an MOS school that was 2nd longest in the Corps.

LCPL 1341, what's funny about that, that's just the Corps being the Corps. S/F

This is completely unrelated to our previous topic but I was just wondering when it would be exceptable to get a EGA tattoo? I know I can't get on while in the DEP or probably even until I graduate MCT but would it be ok if I got one after that? Or would that make me a giant boot?

One step at a time young grasshopper. Just worry about earning the title first.

You said it all, TOP

Thread Information