How Marines are Stationed
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How Marines are Stationed

Hello all, so my friend just finished his 10 days of leave after basic training boot camp and is on a flight to North Carolina for MCT. He told me that after that he'll be doing MOS for around nine months. My questions is that, after all his training, what is the likelihood of him being stationed at Camp Pendelton on the West Coast as opposed to somewhere else? Like what are the chances of him at least staying in the US? I do not know what he plans to specialize in yet.

Similar Threads:

His future is based upon the Needs of the Marine Corps. If he wanted to stay home he should have stayed in school.

as advanced stated, depends on the MOS and where the Corps need him, My Daughter we station for Her entire first tour in the Corps at 29 palms, (4yrs) and when She re-upped, She had more schooling and went to Japan for 2+years and is scheduled to come home in Sept. when She comes back home, She is hoping to be stationed on eh East Cost to be close to home here in Michigan, but it will all depend on where Her skill set is needed..

hope this helps.

Thank you ispat54. I don't believe he minds as much as I do about where he is stationed, it was just my curiosity is all. I would like it if he was close by, but I know personal preferences are far succeeded by the needs of our country try. So no need to sound so offended, advanced.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by navalcat View Post
    Thank you ispat54. I don't believe he minds as much as I do about where he is stationed, it was just my curiosity is all. I would like it if he was close by, but I know personal preferences are far succeeded by the needs of our country try. So no need to sound so offended, advanced.
    Depending on his MOS(like already stated), there is actually a good chance he could get stationed at Camp Pendleton. The Corps only has a few choices for duty stations so as long as there is an opening for him to somewhere he could potentially go there

Quote Originally Posted by navalcat View Post
    So no need to sound so offended, advanced.
    Actually, it seems as though I have offended you. Your friend has entered a grownup world little school girl. Help comes in many forms, not always cushy and soft. Just saying.

It seems that our little school girl has indeed been offended by me as attested to by her pm. As most on this forum know, generally I am very proper and my responses are always extremely pc. Our little school girl somehow took my responses as inappropriate, somehow I did not respond in the proper manner to her question according to her little school girl book on how Marines are supposed to respond. I have also been told that I have not lived up to the intent of this website and it's true purpose.

Little school girl, when you ask a question you have no control regarding the form of your answer. You have come into my world and would dictate to me how I should respond to you. Really? Some advise; go back into your protected little world where everything is proper, and trust that your safety is overseen by men like me and many of my dear friends here. I would suggest that you stay out of the real world. At least until you grow up.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You cyber bully you !!!! LOL

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    I see "Advanced" is scheduled for another hour of sensitivity training....

Click image for larger version

Name:	sensitivity.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	28675

Oh no, not that AGAIN.

No matter where I am they seem to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    It seems that our little school girl has indeed been offended by me as attested to by her pm. As most on this forum know, generally I am very proper and my responses are always extremely pc. Our little school girl somehow took my responses as inappropriate, somehow I did not respond in the proper manner to her question according to her little school girl book on how Marines are supposed to respond. I have also been told that I have not lived up to the intent of this website and it's true purpose.

Little school girl, when you ask a question you have no control regarding the form of your answer. You have come into my world and would dictate to me how I should respond to you. Really? Some advise; go back into your protected little world where everything is proper, and trust that your safety is overseen by men like me and many of my dear friends here. I would suggest that you stay out of the real world. At least until you grow up.
    Something The Protected Will Never Know, Carry On Brother, Semper Fidelis.

I think the school girl has a Crush on me, well she won't be the first one

Its kind of a dumb and very vague question

advanced, I'm telling the 1st. Sgt. on You, no liberty for You...

Most likely he'll get sent to Camp Polar Bear in Antarctica. Crappy duty station. Everyone I know hated it.

Thread Information