After MOS school help?
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After MOS school help?

good afternoon killers, I graduate bulk fuel school on the 19th and am getting stationed in kbay hawaii and I was curios if I get leave after school? Staff ncos have been telling me yes and no so I'm not sure if I do or not. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Similar Threads:

Good afternoon shower shoe, if you rate leave between MOS school and your duty station they will let you know it isnt always guaranteed. Id be willing to bet more often than not yes, but how much depends on how much you have saved my guess is you have only like 6 days plus maybe 5 for transit.

also it depends on how badly they need you at your duty station...

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Good afternoon shower shoe.
    Good one.
    Let me get this straight. You DON'T want to spend as much time as you can in Hawaii? Next time that thought crosses your mind, google pictures of 29 Palms.

Normally, one must report into the new unit first. Then, that command will decide if they can afford to let you go away so soon. But, anything is possible. Won't hurt to ask for leave and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Boz View Post
    Good one.
    Let me get this straight. You DON'T want to spend as much time as you can in Hawaii? Next time that thought crosses your mind, google pictures of 29 Palms.
    that's for sure, my Daughter was their for her entire first enlistment (4 years) in the Corps, and it was as dismal as i remembered, lol, when we went their to visit her. She couldn't wait to get out of their.

I got to go to Hawaii once, of course it was a midnight fuel stop on the way to oki and the Nam. I did have time for 2 double jacks though so everything looked real nice.

You get assigned to one of the best duty stations in the MC and you want to go home to podunk 1st. What am I missing homesick boot?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know if I would have the guts to ask, after what happened to me. The first day after being assigned to my first major command, I asked for a leave to go home. The very next day, I was walking point in the Arizona Territory of Quang Nam.......with a bright red helmet and a red utility shirt with a bulls eye on the front and back.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Not Good

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I asked for leave once and got 60 days mess duty..........

I asked for R&R and got sent to Meade River

As the company corpsman,I took leave when our company did before and after deployments,I didnt take any leave in SOI or MCT I just took the 96's when we had them. I really didnt ask for leave because we had liberty in nice places so I considered that like vacation.So I had a good time in the Corps Iam very sorry I couldnt get promoted and stay in.

Semper Fi my brothers

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 FMF

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    I asked for leave once and got 60 days mess duty..........
    At least you got all that you could eat.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Russ, we got all we could eat also. Nothing tastier than biting the head off those leeches and sucking the blood and guts out. Not to mention those fish heads smothered in maggots, we got from the old mama-sons. Or those baby bamboo shoots boiled in water buffalo shet. I heard that the average grunt in Nam ate 24 pounds of insects a month. I think mine was a little more than that. As I liked to dip my bugs in agent orange to soften them up. Them was the good old days brother. I got hungry as hell, just typing this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Russ, we got all we could eat also. Nothing tastier than biting the head off those leeches and sucking the blood and guts out. Not to mention those fish heads smothered in maggots, we got from the old mama-sons. Or those baby bamboo shoots boiled in water buffalo shet. I heard that the average grunt in Nam ate 24 pounds of insects a month. I think mine was a little more than that. As I liked to dip my bugs in agent orange to soften them up. Them was the good old days brother. I got hungry as hell, just typing this out.
    i never thought I'd find anything worse than Afghanistan then I read this.

Thread Information