When will I be assigned my specific job?
Create Post

When will I be assigned my specific job?

I enlisted in late January and when I went up to MEPS and signed everything, my contract has "(0600) Communications/Electrician" on it, and I am hoping to be a (0621) Field Radio Operator. Will this be decided when I get to Bootcamp? Or MOS School? Thank you in advance to everyone that helps

Similar Threads:

You will get your Primary MOS assigned to you the day before graduating from Marine Combat Training (MCT) after bootcamp. You will also receive your travel orders to MOS school at that time. You'll leave for MOS school shortly after graduating from MCT.

Of course, none of this will happen if you don't graduate from bootcamp first. One step at a time.

BTW, you will sign your final contract the day you ship to bootcamp. Make sure you read it BEFORE signing on the dotted line (sounds simple enough but you'll be surprised how many trust their recruiter and never bother). Pay particular attention to the appendix containing your MOS fields.

there are some cases where you will find out your mos at MCRD I found out on Parris Island what my mos was going to be. Other people who were open contracts found out their mos there. but more often than not itll be at MCT.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    ahhhh for the old days when people joined just to become Marines, no MOS selection, they could not choose.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    ahhhh for the old days when people joined just to become Marines, no MOS selection, they could not choose.
    Can't speak to the enlisted side, but it is somewhat still that way with officer MOS assignment, with the exception of aviation and law. Perform well and request for what you want, doesn't mean you'll get it. We still had to include every single MOS, in order of preference, when the time came. I know some who did well and still got lower than choice #10.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    I 1000% agree. When I joined I went open because I was more concerned about being a Marine than the job.

when I signed up you had one choice enlist in the Marines or not

It seems The Corps has to bend down and be P/C and user friendly in order to GIVE recruits what they are Entitled to now a days firs, and then Think about being a Marine !!!

Thread Information