infantry weapons officer "gunner" - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    LOL.....I really hope asking about being a Gunner is not gonna be the new Recon/MARSOC/SS.....
    These kids get really far ahead of themselves some times. IF I had a dime for every high school kid who came in to talk about recon/scout sniper, I'd be out of the Corps living on a private island. This is the first time I've ever seen someone asking about a gunner though.

I was one of those high school kids. Though, to be fair, marksmanship is in my blood. My dad was one extra license away from being an Olympic shooting counselor. He was certified to teach instructor certification courses for everything except hand guns. I may not have those, but he has taught me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by timbrwolf View Post
    As I stated before, and will now clarify even further. I know I can't make gunner out of bootcamp. I know it will take many years; if it even happens at all. All I am trying to do here is learn more. I am an intelligent person. My recruiters have been dogging me to go the commissioned route. In every branch, not just the Marines. I still get calls about my ASVAB and I took it 2 years ago.
    Calling BS. ASVAB scores are only valid for a year so if you took it 2 years ago no one can even see your score now. A recruiter wouldn't push you to get commissioned because then they can't recruit you. Note for the future, if you're gonna try and BS people make sure their isn't a recruiter on deck.

A recruiter called me about my scores 3 weeks ago. Do you want the call log screenshot? Edited: I will say though it was more like a year and a half. I took it December of 2013. Time outside of high school seems to drag for me.

I have no reason to spew BS here. If I had to do that to impress people I would go post it on Facebook.

I guess I don't know what I'm talking about, Ive only been on recruiting duty since August of 2012. I forgot this generation of kids know more than the people who actually do the job. I'll talk to my CO and see if you can by pass boot camp and just take his job.

We could also be arguing from different points in the process. I took it in December. I don't think I received my score for a couple months. If I was called three weeks ago, it was 1 year plus several weeks.

Also, I came here expecting an environment where I can level with marines...not to be p***ed on. If that is all you came here to do, then you are not someone I want to speak with. This is not boot camp, and I am not yet a marine. I however, am not an idiot either. I know the people here generally are more knowledgeable than myself. I nearly joined this time last year, but decided on college instead. I scored a 92 on the ASVAB. In between my urges to join, the recruiters I had talked to had left. The recruiters who filled their position did in fact call me very recently. He specifically said he saw my score, and thought he'd give me a call.
    My generation might be the scourge of my existence, but i work to be better than the rest. If you want to throw me in with the rest of them that is your prerogative. However, I will not be called a liar.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread too has outlived its usefulness.

In the words of a famous Marine: "Sigh. I grow weary."

Thread Information