Feeling Good About Serving In Nam. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    Don't be 2 hard on Mongoose. Though he is mean and tries his best to hurt my fragile feelings he is still my brother. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that they used to call me Number One in the Nam. Mongoose likes to call me Johnny Appleseed. As you can see I am just a humble Marine that tries his best to get along.
    Billy said they used to call you(and still do) Quickie Ricky!!!

No Chucky, me always love them long time. Where is Mongoose hiding out at today?

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I just stepped out to get another pair of boots on.......my other pair is full of shet!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by advanced View Post
    No Chucky, me always love them long time. Where is Mongoose hiding out at today?
    Russ told me he just loved french kissing those old wrinkled up mamma-sons.....he said he was in Heaven when he was swirling his tongue around and sucking beetlenut juice through their snaggeled teeth.

Credits
    Savings
    nydoowop

catch up with the platoon
    will you please.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Russ told me he just loved french kissing those old wrinkled up mamma-sons.....he said he was in Heaven when he was swirling his tongue around and sucking beetlenut juice through their snaggeled teeth.
    I just threw up in my mouth.....

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I'm not kidding Chuck. When Russ has his family reunion every year.....his home place looks like downtown Da Nang on Saturday night!

Billy, you know I didn't frequent all those low class ***** houses and such. I always went 1st class to the Da Nang Hilton. Damn mesquoitos.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You know the old saying, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

My Brothers,
    Sempi Fi. I am an old Marine who is a Vietnam Veteran who had an MOS of 2531
    Field Radio Operator. While serving in Iwakuni Japan 1st Maw, MWCS-18 i was restricted from going in country due to my support duties at the Base. I have felt for many years that i was not a Vietnam Veteran. But, my converasations over the years with combat vets, has changed my mind. While living the war through my radio and calling in air strikes and tracking the unrelentless numbers of dead and wounded, i felt so helpless. Sometimes i still cannot comprehend why it wasn't me who did not come home. Many of my friends did not. Any comments or ideas about Vietnam " ERA " veterans ? By the way that was the only war where veterans were classified as "ERA " vets.

I am proud to be apart of this group. Just joined today !

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    I'm not trying to be smart Abbinator.....but I thought the air strikes and combat units were already gone from Nam by the time you got to Japan. Enlighten me, If I'm wrong brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbinator View Post
    My Brothers,
    Sempi Fi. I am an old Marine who is a Vietnam Veteran who had an MOS of 2531
    Field Radio Operator. While serving in Iwakuni Japan 1st Maw, MWCS-18 i was restricted from going in country due to my support duties at the Base. I have felt for many years that i was not a Vietnam Veteran. But, my converasations over the years with combat vets, has changed my mind. While living the war through my radio and calling in air strikes and tracking the unrelentless numbers of dead and wounded, i felt so helpless. Sometimes i still cannot comprehend why it wasn't me who did not come home. Many of my friends did not. Any comments or ideas about Vietnam " ERA " veterans ? By the way that was the only war where veterans were classified as "ERA " vets.

I am proud to be apart of this group. Just joined today !
    Abbinator; help me out. There is a large problem with your post in terms of what you did in relationship to the war in Vietnam.

The last AIR ops by any US military in NAM was in January 73 and you graduated from Boot Vamp in April 73. So if you was calling in air strikes; who were you calling air strikes on? Secondly; I've never heard of any air strikes etc; being called in from several countries away; you in Japan, and the planes were in Vietnam.

Also, why were you keeping track of the KIA and WIA's?
    There seems to be a disconnect somewhere on dates etc;.
    I hate to do this; but until you clarify some things; I m afraid that I'll have to call bull**** on your post as it is written.

Thread Information