Feeling Good About Serving In Nam.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Feeling Good About Serving In Nam.

I was in the hospital this past week and a doctor came in.
    Asked how I was and told him not bad except for the back pain I having do to having hurt it in Vietnam and not being able to stand right.

He thanked me and all servicemen for serving in Nam. Of course, I said yah, but we lost that one. Which always bothers me.

BUT, he said NO,NO. We were the ones who brought democracy to that part of the world and he WAS VERY thankful.

Really made me feel good about not only being a Marine but actually making a difference over there.

Just thought those Marines who were not treated well on return might like to hear my story.

Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    We should never have to feel bad about where we served, if we won or lost, or any other sort of political agenda. It's always about the Marine to the left and right of you.

There's a special place in my heart for all the Marines who served in Vietnam. The treatment they got when they came home is a shame and I'm glad America has moved past that state of mind.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    We didn't lose that war, brother. We never lost a battle. The politicians and the cowards lost the war!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't often feel good about my time in Nam however when I see the Vietnamese who came to USA after the war and they made something of themselves owning business, in politics, being leaders and loving America then I feel my friends did not die in vain otherwise, the way we (government) fought our war are doing the same thing in today's wars.

Last summer I meet a Vietnamese man who owned a Chinese take out who thanked me for fighting for him and his family. All I could do was give him a little smile over the shock I was feeling.

" NO PRESIDENT SHOULD EVER RUN A WAR, THEY ARE NOT ON THE GROUND THIS IS WHY WE HAVE GENERALS AND THEIR DECISIONS, CHOICES ARE ONLY ABOUT THEM AND THEIR VOTES."

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ^^never thought that. Vietnamese coming here and owning a business or getting into politics. NICE

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post

We didn't lose that war, brother.

We never lost a battle.

The politicians and the cowards lost the war!
    Well said Mongoose
    Welcome home brothers.......

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    We didn't lose that war, brother. We never lost a battle. The politicians and the cowards lost the war!
    Here here brother...
    Welcome Home to all my Nam brothers....

Same to you Chuck. I do believe the Gods are messing with me as one of my next door neighbors is a gook. I believe he's from the south though, but not sure as he lives on the north side.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Russ, he may be one of your son's from Nam.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    @Mongoose, that was not nice of you

To all my brothers who fought in Vietnam thank you for your service and sacrifice and job well done.Welcome home.Iknow I was just a little kid at the time.

God bless you all and Semper Fi my brothers and sisters

Stephen Doc Hansen HM3 fmf.

Quote Originally Posted by nydoowop View Post
    @Mongoose, that was not nice of you
    Don't be 2 hard on Mongoose. Though he is mean and tries his best to hurt my fragile feelings he is still my brother. I don't know if you are aware of the fact that they used to call me Number One in the Nam. Mongoose likes to call me Johnny Appleseed. As you can see I am just a humble Marine that tries his best to get along.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Well Number One in the Nam, I can't believe how nice you are to your rotten brother
    But in the interest of World Peace, I accepted the offer of Friendship your rotten brother just sent to me
    I sure hope he turns out to be a nice brother and does not "short sheet" either of us

Watch yourself, they call him Mongoose because he's very sly and it looks like you are falling for one of his main tricks.

Thread Information