Intelligence career clearence
Create Post

Intelligence career clearence

I would really like to go into intelligence in the Marine Corps, but my recruiter told me that it would not be possible because my mother is not a citizen (shes Japanese) Is this true? What kind of requirements are there to get the security clearance? Thanks for the help!

Similar Threads:

You would be able to obtain the top secret clearance, but not the SCI (Sensitive Compartmented Information) portion, which is required for intel MOS's.

Is SCI only required for Marine Corps? I talked to an Airforce recruiter that told me I could get into intel without my mom getting her citizenship

SCI is the same for all services. The DOD Central Adjudication Facility (DOD CAF) is the adjudication authority for all branches of the Armed Forces. The recruiter should have a pre-screening process for the SCI requirement that you have to complete prior to enlistment.

there are 2 types of TS you have regular TS and TS/SCI the SCI is the most important part as it is higher than regular TS. Chances are high that you might not be able to get that portion of it but you can still always try it is the investigating body that pretty much gives you the security level not the Military.

Thread Information