Please read, any advise is appreciated. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Will do and thank you, I understand what you mean. I'll keep being a "professional pest" if worst comes to worst.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCARivera View Post
    that is a decision I made, with approval from my CO, as SNCOIC for my station only because we are making well above mission at this current time. That isn't a Marine Corps-wide thing. If your station needs bodies you'll get in once you fit all height/weight standards. I can only speak for what I know though.
    I understand, I only asked because I had a surgery on my right shoulder that shows scars. When I mentioned it to my cousin that's a army recruiter he said just to tell a white lie about it to avoid waivers and paperwork....but I hate lying, so yeah no. I have the paperwork from the hospital for preparation when I do finally talk to a recruiter. And another issue is my tribal tattoo, which I know I have to take up with the recruiter to see if I can get a waiver for it.. A lot of things are in my way, but I'm prepared for the worst.

Don't lie to the recruiter. You don't want to get caught for fraudulent enlistment. Just be patient and worry about making the weight. After you've done that then worry about all this other stuff.

Credits
    Savings
    I won't, like I said I hate lying and I know it'll just delay any progress in the future. I'll keep you guys updated on everything. Thank you to all who replied and helped me!

Credits
    Savings
    Hello all!

Just an update (wow over 2 months since this post). I dropped a good 17 lbs.
    Eating tuna, chicken, veggies and drinking water all day!

BUT I am stuck right now, I noticed I stopped dropping the weight and it feels no matter what I do I cannot start up again.

This is a work-out that was sent to me, think this'll help?

Credits
    Savings
    10 WEEK WORKOUT PLAN
    MONDAY: TUESDAY: WEDNESDAY:
    -20 Squats -10 squats -15 squats
    -15 sec plank -30 sec plank -40 sec plank
    -25 crunches -25 crunches -30 crunches
    -35 jumping jacks -10 jumping jacks -50 jumping jacks
    -15 lunges -25 lunges -25 lunges
    -25 sec wall sit -45 sec wall sit -35 sec wall sit
    -10 sit ups -35 sit ups -30 sit ups
    -10 butt kicks -20 butt kicks -25 butt kicks
    -5 push-ups. -10 push-ups -10 push-ups

THURSDAY: FRIDAY: CARDIO BY WEEK:
    -35 squats -25 squats 1. 30 sec sprint, 30 sec jog (5x)
    -30 sec plank -60 sec plank 2. 35 sec sprint, 45 sec jog (6x)
    -20 crunches -30 crunches 3. 45 sec sprint, 60 sec jog (7x)
    -25 jumping jacks -55 jumping jacks 4. 50 sec sprint, 45 sec jog (8x)
    -15 lunges -60 lunges 5. 55 sec sprint, 30 sec jog (7x)
    -60 sec wall sit -45 sec wall sit 6. 60 sec sprint, 45 sec jog (6x)
    -55 sit ups -40 sit ups 7. 65 sec sprint, 60 sec jog (5x)
    -35 butt kicks -50 butt kicks 8. 70 sec sprint. 45 sec jog (6x)
    -20 push-ups -30 push-ups 9. 75 sec sprint, 30 sec jog (7x)
    10. 80 sec sprint, 45 sec jog (8x)

SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ARE REST DAYS!!!
    Jump Rope for warm ups, regular.
    Do more cycling/riding bikes and start doing some swim sessions.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Here's what chulaivet1966 posted a month or two ago, I have his permission to post it whenever someone asks about losing weight:
    ======================================

It''s mathematics....too many calories taken in based on one's activity level.
    Add empty, sugary foods (simple carbs) as daily habits and that makes the weight gain quicker with these unhealthy choices.

Cardio...if one needs to lose weight one must get the blood flowing with a disciplined routine of cardio. IE: stationary bike or treadmill if one likes running.
    To start a cardio discipline and condition the body one might start a walking schedule first which could be done every day.
    Then work up to the stationary bike/treadmill idea.
    The intensity of the cardio routine should be based on getting the heart rate up to a point where one can barely carry on a conversation.
    Maybe for a male that about 140 bpm (that's just a guess) for about 30-40 minutes (3) or (4) times a week.

The eating routine...stick to lean meats, poultry, fish and vegetables with a smaller dose of carbs at meal time. (one can eat about as much veggies/salads as they want)
    The body needs carbs but they should be healthy carbs...not simple sugary ones.
    Being ice cream, twinkies, sodas, empty sugary cereals, any easily prepared boxed foods with a shvtload of chemical crap and full of salt. (H20 retention)
    I'd stick with potatoes, rice, whole wheat/oat grains, fruits.

One should educate themselves a bit about caloric content of foods.
    For an average size male maybe 2500 calories per day is recommended or normal.
    But, if one needs to lose weight one needs to eat at a caloric deficit meaning eating smart and only take in 1800 calories a day. (just a reference)
    With that attention along with developing a smart cardio routine the weight will come down.
    NOTE: one will not look like one of The 300 in a week or a month.
    It takes months/years to put on the weight so it's going to require time, discipline and diligence to work the weight off.
    All the knowledge needed to know is readily available on the web.

I don't want to sound preachy but I think that's a good way to get started.
    Many here can add to the mix if I've forgotten anything pertinent.

Hope that helps any that need to lose weight get on the path to more healthy body mass.

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2571 View Post
    Here's what chulaivet1966 posted a month or two ago, I have his permission to post it whenever someone asks about losing weight:
    Hey Dave....of course, hope it helps someone get on the proper path.

Regarding the OP's query about the workout on post #21.
    TBH...it looks a bit much to me as an every day plan.
    But, if it was recommended to him and it's worked for others over time....who am I to take issue.

Yet....I'm tempted to suggest the routine above rather on an every other day plan.
    Or, cut the plan in half every other day.
    If the eating routine is dialed in a day of rest (or half routine that day) may not be a bad idea.
    The plan above does seem to address the exercises that boot will put him through.
    Also...lifting weights would not be good idea at this juncture because will just add more muscle weight (however small) and one doesn't need that type of mass for boot.
    Get that weight in order and allow boot camp to further achieve better conditioning and endurance.
    There will be many at his level of conditioning (or lack thereof) or weight so he won't be alone.

OP knows what's worked for him thus far so his good judgment from this point forward is paramount.

So...good luck OP.

Carry on...

OP....

I don't remember seeing it but what is the weight the recruiter wants based on your height of 5'4"?
    If you've lost 17# then you're at about 173?

Back to it....

Credits
    Savings
    I wasn't really doing anything special, just the P90X and beach body workouts. But I'll research more exercises that will boost up my weight loss again.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    OP....

I don't remember seeing it but what is the weight the recruiter wants based on your height of 5'4"?
    If you've lost 17# then you're at about 173?

Back to it....
    The weight the recruiter suggested was 149 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by javm View Post
    The weight the recruiter suggested was 149 lbs.
    OK.....
    Just remember....it's about caloric intake.
    Keep caloric intake at a deficit and you should be able to lose about 2# a week or so.

Good luck....

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I was 5'4 at 170 lbs of Polynesian meat.
    What is this "Spam"?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    What is this "Spam"?
    Lol, that and many others. Have you ever been to a Polynesian family eat out? Lots and lots of food. Do u have spam where ur at or am i being naive?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by chulaivet1966 View Post
    OK.....
    Just remember....it's about caloric intake.
    Keep caloric intake at a deficit and you should be able to lose about 2# a week or so.

Good luck....
    Thank you. I have another question. I work the graveyard shift. And I was wondering about the intake. So my shift is from 2300-0700 hrs., after work I drive to the hospital. Leave the hospital usually around 1345-1400 hrs and get home around 1600 hrs and then usually rest from 1700-2225 hrs. Does the calorie count restart when i get up from my nap? I'm on a 1,000 calorie and 10 carbs a day diet.

Thread Information