Please read, any advise is appreciated. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Have you ever been to a Polynesian family eat out? Lots and lots of food. Do u have spam where ur at or am i being naive?
    Yes and yes....was stationed at Kaneohe with 2/3 years ago and a lot of Spam was served....also had local friends in town and they had a big spread...a mixture of Native Hawaiian's...Samoan's and Hollies....

Spam is on the mainland in just about every grocery store...due to the high salt content....cholesterol and fat.....it is just mainly a hurricane season staple.....then after the threat is over in November it is luau time and restock in June...Aloha!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Yes and yes....was stationed at Kaneohe with 2/3 years ago and a lot of Spam was served....also had local friends in town and they had a big spread...a mixture of Native Hawaiian's...Samoan's and Hollies....

Spam is on the mainland in just about every grocery store...due to the high salt content....cholesterol and fat.....it is just mainly a hurricane season staple.....then after the threat is over in November it is luau time and restock in June...Aloha!
    Wow that's awesome, I hope you enjoyed your time here...and the food =)
    Town as in Kalihi area? or like Waikiki? Tons of polys, majority of us are big boned...and when you add on all the food we eat...wheeww..

I didn't know they had is in the mainland, what bout portuguese sausage?
    True about the luau though lol! Aloha and Mahalo!

Quote Originally Posted by javm View Post
    Thank you. I have another question. I work the graveyard shift. And I was wondering about the intake. So my shift is from 2300-0700 hrs., after work I drive to the hospital. Leave the hospital usually around 1345-1400 hrs and get home around 1600 hrs and then usually rest from 1700-2225 hrs. Does the calorie count restart when i get up from my nap? I'm on a 1,000 calorie and 10 carbs a day diet.
    If that caloric combo is working for you go ahead and stick with it.

But...check this article about ketosis and there several others if you google it.
    http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/180858.php
    (just something to be familiar with while on your quest).
    This ketosis process can create dinosaur breath from hell....your co-workers don't deserve that.
    It's a bodily process that occurs when one is trying to lose weight by severely reducing carbohydrates in the diet to lose weight which forces the body to burn fat cells for energy.

Fat cells for daily energy are very efficient.
    Think of the comparison this way:
    Fat cells are like oak in the fireplace...burning hot and slow therefore longer energy.
    Pine (carbs) will burn fast and are less efficient for energy consumption.

I would start my calorie counting when I got up to go to work.
    Many like to do their cardio routines in the morning after not eating during the sleeping hours and start the day with getting hydrated with water then have some coffee, juice, piece of wheat toast and hit the cardio routine.

For snacks during the work shift maybe keep some (unsalted) nuts, hard-boiled eggs, even some beef jerky to keep the hunger pangs to a minimum.

When do you enter boot?
    What do you weight now?

Hope that helps....back to it.

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Yes this helps a lot. I am a long way from entering boot camp and just took my weight-180 lbs. I stopped eating fruits and lifting when I started gaining weight again. So my breakfast is pretty much egg whites (liquid) and 4 pieces of bacon=no carbs. snacks is a bag of pork grinds=80 cals, no carbs. i don't eat when i come back from the hospital and go to sleep so i wake up really hungry...I'm trying to fix that..but other than that, doing pretty good progress wise..i think..but what do i know..

Quote Originally Posted by javm View Post
    Yes this helps a lot. I am a long way from entering boot camp and just took my weight-180 lbs. I stopped eating fruits and lifting when I started gaining weight again. So my breakfast is pretty much egg whites (liquid) and 4 pieces of bacon=no carbs. snacks is a bag of pork grinds=80 cals, no carbs. i don't eat when i come back from the hospital and go to sleep so i wake up really hungry...I'm trying to fix that..but other than that, doing pretty good progress wise..i think..but what do i know..
    OK....

You're previous post stated the recruiter wanted you at about 149#.
    That's 31# to deal with and a safe rate to lose weight is about 2# a week which is about 16 weeks.
    Of course, that's after the initial dieting of quick water-weight loss has stabilized.
    Then the weight comes off more slowly because it's now fat cells that your body is attacking to burn for energy.
    That's where consistency over time is your imperative to achieve your goal weight.
    Yeah...it's possible you can burn more than 2# a week but be in tune with how your body is reacting to your weight loss program.
    You eat to little and the body can enter into a starvation mode and the calories won't burn as quickly....again...just something to be cognizant of.

Keep the 40 minutes of cardio and getting that heart rate up in your daily routine.
    Stationary bike is a good way to get the cardio work in and burn calories.

Time for my oatmeal, blueberries and bacon.

Carry on....

Thread Information