MEPS screwing me around - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Here's an alternative for the OP. Rather than enlisting and wasting these enormous talents, HQMC could use him as a civilian policy adviser/maker. He's got the credentials for it now, on this very thread, telling us how the Corps should be run. Why not make a ton of dough as a civilian consultant to the Commandant? Many people waste their great talents by not following up suggestions made like this one. OP, give it some serious consideration. You're needed more behind the scenes than you are on the front lines. What better way to serve your country than by helping the Commandant out a little bit?

Great suggestion. But, he has some outstanding recommendations on how the docs at MEPS should be doing their jobs too. That kind of talent should not be wasted on just our Commandant alone. Maybe a consultant job with the Department of Defense would be more appropriate (and mean a higher salary - although he does't really need the money cause his family is already rich). That way, he could influence how MEPS operations are conducted around the country as well as how recruiters would be doing their jobs. I like this idea. The OP should definitely give this some serious consideration.

Lol of course the military needs a bit of bashing, it is no where similar to what it was like back in the golden ages of ww2 etc. Good leadership, no corruption etc etc. But even though you're being sarcastic you are actually intriguing me with this consultant type stuff, except the commandant doesnt need one, and they wont change their ways just because I went to the drawing board and made a non corrupt system, its corrupt for a reason. I didnt get a 92 on the ASVAB for nothing, if only that was a realistic selection...

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    I didnt get a 92 on the ASVAB for nothing, if only that was a realistic selection...
    MattC.....

I detect a sense of narcissism is rearing it's head.

After reading a humorous post 31 & 32 it's possible you are just too dammed intelligent and deductive to adhere to the protocols and requirements that currently exits for USMC candidacy.
    Shvt....I'd guess if you decide to battle the system you could justify why you should just skip boot camp, ITR and any schools battalions.

Yes....more levitous sarcasm but you're asking for it.

Carry on....

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Why would Matt want to be a part of what he terms a corrupt system?

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Matt could actually make Major out of boot camp, I have that much faith in him.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Matt brought all this on himself, but you never know how someone will be once he or she gets in the Corps. How they are on a forum is not always how they are in "real life". Good luck to Matt, but keep feeding us material here, we need a few laughs in today's world. Good luck to you, keep us posted here, please.

LOL! The system is corrupt because they didn’t take YOU…you specifically. You got a 92 on the ASVAB; congrats, it’s an easy test which assesses 9th grade knowledge. The ASVAB is not the MCAT or BAR Exam. It’s a basic aptitude test and the score has no bearing on whether or not the applicant is qualified in several other areas. As far as leadership goes; my direct leadership (NCOs, SNCOs, and OICs) has been OUTSTANDING thus far. All my leaders have looked out for us, and put their junior Marines’ best interest in mind while making mission accomplishment the priority. When stupid BS rolled down hill, they did their best to insulate us from it. If they couldn’t, guess what? We sucked it up like professionals and rolled with the punches. As far as your “back inthe day” unfounded nostalgia goes; the military has evolved and is a more professional and capable force today than it ever was; and it will continue to evolve without you. You don’t know a damn thing about our leaders, or our standards. This leaves you with two choices; stop being a ***** and give MEPS what they’re looking for, or suck it up, act like a grown up and find a different calling in life. I’d suggest the latter.

We need a "like" button!

Where do I even start? Because we aren't taking people who need waivers, we better not be recruiting women? Don't ever tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing. You don't even rate giving orders to a "slick sleeve". Secondly, we are recruiting women, if they don't require a million and one waivers, just like the men. The military is corrupt, yet you want to join? That's odd. You want the military to be the way it was during WWII?! I've been in the Marine Corps since 2007 and have never had a terrible leader. I've had leaders with questionable personal lives but as far as professionalism, everyone I've dealt with has been great. How would you know how great the military was back in WWII?! The Marine Corps is a well oiled machine and we don't need weak links like yourself. You probably said something stupid to one of the MEPS doctors and that's why they've tasked you with finding everything from birth.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Do us a favor.....if you want to be in the Corps....join the Peace Corps. They might be willing to let you overhaul their system.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    LOL! The system is corrupt because they didn’t take YOU…you specifically. You got a 92 on the ASVAB; congrats, it’s an easy test which assesses 9th grade knowledge. The ASVAB is not the MCAT or BAR Exam. It’s a basic aptitude test and the score has no bearing on whether or not the applicant is qualified in several other areas. As far as leadership goes; my direct leadership (NCOs, SNCOs, and OICs) has been OUTSTANDING thus far. All my leaders have looked out for us, and put their junior Marines’ best interest in mind while making mission accomplishment the priority. When stupid BS rolled down hill, they did their best to insulate us from it. If they couldn’t, guess what? We sucked it up like professionals and rolled with the punches. As far as your “back inthe day” unfounded nostalgia goes; the military has evolved and is a more professional and capable force today than it ever was; and it will continue to evolve without you. You don’t know a damn thing about our leaders, or our standards. This leaves you with two choices; stop being a ***** and give MEPS what they’re looking for, or suck it up, act like a grown up and find a different calling in life. I’d suggest the latter.
    Well said Devil!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Do us a favor.....if you want to be in the Corps....join the Peace Corps. They might be willing to let you overhaul their system.
    This is great. Lol

Either way the fact that the government can just turn down people including me for absolutely no reason at all just because they feel like it, just proves to be inept leaders in place then, if thats honestly the case all they're doing is just turning more people against the government than there already are. They wont be happy until people like me that dont care whether we live or die snap from the absolute corruption. The US military has all the power in the world and yet they let some idiots in suits push them around because they got some bull**** political degree and make money off using them. WW2 soldiers would have a coup against todays government which further backs up my point that the military has changed, now its just kill kill kill instead of stopping people abusing the military's power for their own get rich quick crap. This is really off topic but it still relates that you guys seem to be all ok with, if the government doesnt want you for absolutely no reason then we follow their decision. Which is why America is losing freedom in the first place.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Way oversimplified, and also way over the top. Standard rhetoric for disgruntled individuals nowadays, almost lifted out of some text.

You said your family is rich. It shows now. I think it's probably something you said or did at MEPS or with your recruiter that signaled them that your family might make an offer to buy the Marine Corps, or some such impression they got, along with the entitlement thing today that's everywhere. If someone, your recruiter, or MEPS, got the (correct) impression that you feel entitled, that was probably what triggered this whole thing.

If you were as humble with them as you are with us, then no wonder your chances diminished.

Thread Information