MOS Selection
Create Post

Thread: MOS Selection

Question MOS Selection

I am currently waiting to go to meps, my recruiter is sending all of my paper work today. I figured it would be a good idea to do a little bit of reading, and asking, about job selection. I scored a 76 on the asvab, all of my line scores were over 110. I qualify for all the jobs that I want, and was wondering exactly how they will go about choosing people to fill those roles. The job I want more than anything else is Air Traffic Control, this is what I have wanted to do since I was in 6th grade. I know that the marine corps allows you to choose up to categories, and you will be assigned based on the needs of the Corps. My recruiter told me that whoever has the earliest ship date for boot camp after July will have the higher chance. How about if I have a 76 and another guy has a 64, if we both choose Air Traffic Control is it random selection if he qualifies too, or are they going to go with higher score?

Sorry if some of this is hard to comprehend I didn't have much time to type this.

Similar Threads:

You can choose the OCC field and you will get assigned an MOS upon reaching MCT. If you are a reservist you will know your MOS before you leave. Your recruiter should be telling you all this. Dont be afraid to ask.

My recruiter has told me all of that, my question was will they assign the job randomly to any who qualify, or will they go with the high score of all who qualify.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    They should go with the higher ASVAB score if all else being equal

Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post
    They should go with the higher ASVAB score if all else being equal
    Thank you

Just so you know, the Air Traffic Control contract doesn't specifically give you the 725X MOS. Double check the contract, it should list all possible MOS's, probably just 72XX. Now that isn't saying that you won't be dealing with aircraft control, just from a different standpoint. All 72XX Marines are part of the command and control for the wing. They do various aspects of aircraft control from ATC, coordinating with ground units, tasking aircraft, planning missions, etc.

Thread Information