Just need a second to vent.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just need a second to vent.

Before I start just a disclaimer: I respect the Army and its nothing personal just some of the things I see are a little ridiculous. Why is it that the Army allows their troops to walk around constantly wearing their combat utilities? I just think it looks odd. It looks unprofessional. To elaborate, I was at pottery barn with my wife on Saturday and there was a soldier walking around the store in his utilities.

Similar Threads:

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Agree

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I'll escalate this a bit, I HATE the Army also because they are incompetent and almost got me and my Marines killed in country. They are lazy, disrespectful, and have no sense of urgency.

Very simply...hides their gut! Which, is why we have "no cammies Friday".

They think it looks cool,the guard unit here does the same, it kind of goes with the army of none, Semper Fidelis.

I thought the ACU wearing everywhere was supposed to stop? Because it "Made them targets" so i thought that was supposed to be put to an end?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    I thought the ACU wearing everywhere was supposed to stop? Because it "Made them targets" so i thought that was supposed to be put to an end?
    My oldest daughter is in the AF Reserves. She said they have been told to not wear ANY uniform out in town because of the "target" reason.

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Nothing like Army Strong....

armystrong.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    My oldest daughter is in the AF Reserves. She said they have been told to not wear ANY uniform out in town because of the "target" reason.
    There is an AF Reserve refueler squadron at our airport here. They have not received that memo because I still see them out-and-about everywhere in their ACU's just as much as I always have.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    There is an AF Reserve refueler squadron at our airport here. They have not received that memo because I still see them out-and-about everywhere in their ACU's just as much as I always have.
    I'm not surprised, being retired Air Guard myself.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Don't you all know the army wears their BDU's out in town because they say, women love fat men in uniform...or something like that.......

It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks it's silly. I tried venting to my wife that same day but she told me I was overreacting. But she complains when I do Poolee functions and she calls and asks me to stop at grocery store and I tell I can't because I'm in cammies so she doesn't really understand the regs, I guess?

That's what We are here for, " Venting " that only We can understand S/F

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Damn, you guys sure are hard to please
    Don't forget, we need someone to police the areas Marines have fought for and claimed in battle,

Quote Originally Posted by USMCARivera View Post
    It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks it's silly. I tried venting to my wife that same day but she told me I was overreacting. But she complains when I do Poolee functions and she calls and asks me to stop at grocery store and I tell I can't because I'm in cammies so she doesn't really understand the regs, I guess?
    I can remember when Admiral Zumwalt used to put out his "Z" Grams letting Navy personnel wear their dungarees out in town and I used to see them sitting at the bus stop with holes in their clothes along with grease everywhere. Along with that Zumwalt said it was OK for them to wear full beards and that was a real sight. This was the late 1960's. Looked like that Phil guy that is on TV.

Thread Information