Please confirm this! Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Please confirm this! Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

UPDATE JANUARY 2015
    "As of this time, Marines who go through MCT meaning your job is not 03xx/infantry are now being allowed to try out for Recon. This is something new and prior to this, only 03xx/infantry Marines were being asked to try out while at SOI. I am sure there are more details to this new program, but as of now some Marines are being screened for Recon during MCT."
    Any chance someone can confirm if this is true ?

Source:
    http://www.futurejarheads.org/specialopswannabees.htm

Similar Threads:

First I've heard of it. But, many things have changed already the short time the new CMC has been on the job. One of the very first things he did was change field days from weekly to biweekly (you know that was a popular decision!). I know he is heavily involved with MARSOC and the special operations community so this may be an offshoot of that.

If true, "Marine Times" will report on it.

This is news to me and I'm a recruiter.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I can't and won't say for certain but I highly doubt this, considering non-infantry MOS Marines that go through MCT have slots in their MOS schools and seats to fill in the fleet within their MOS.

I don't see this happening but what do I know...??...

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Even if this were true, aren't you joining the reserves OP?.....this wouldn't apply to you

All these recon threads are starting to really annoy the crap out of me. I feel like if they keep recurring i am going to go high and to the right, apparently the Marine Corps is just one big recon force because all apparently anyone wants to do is recon the Marine Corps doesnt do anything else.

That, and scout sniper. Everyone wants to be the next Chris Kyle now. Can you imagine over on the Navy pages how many SEAL wannabe's there are these days!

Not sure why. Only Marines getting any trigger time these days are fighter pilots.

Credits
    Savings
    USMCARivera. Any chance you can look into this and confirm ?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Hahahaha !!! Munky and Top

Quote Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
    USMCARivera. Any chance you can look into this and confirm ?
    If I get time and am thinking about it I will. I highly doubt it's true because they would've sent word to us(recruiters) so we could use this as a selling point to all the "high speed" candidates.

Credits
    Savings
    Tennessee Top. Does bi-weekly field days mean you only go to the field every other week ? If so, technically speaking would that mean that it would be easier to get college classes in ?

Field day means cleaning your room/barracks (with an inspection by the NCO's afterwards). Traditionally, it's conducted every Thursday evening. Now, it's every-other Thursday (as long as Marines don't mess up a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
    Tennessee Top. Does bi-weekly field days mean you only go to the field every other week ? If so, technically speaking would that mean that it would be easier to get college classes in ?
    When I was still in the fleet I wish this is what field day meant. lol

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josephus View Post
    tennessee top. Does bi-weekly field days mean you only go to the field every other week ? If so, technically speaking would that mean that it would be easier to get college classes in ?
    lolololololol

Tennessee Top, You mean I only have to clean My Garage every other week and have NCO (WIFE) inspect it.

Thread Information