Rifle range.
Create Post

Thread: Rifle range.

Cool Rifle range.

I ship for boot camp in 12 days, obviously I have more things to worry about than the rifle range but I was curious. Is it better to have more shooting knowledge before leaving or just to go in with a clear mind about that. I want expert (obviously) any advise on how to achieve that?

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This thread needs to be moved to Ask a Marine...
    WHy post this in Polls area????

FoxtrotOscar
    Guest Free Member
    Thread moved to "Ask a Marine"...

Forget about arriving at boot with rifle skills, go empty, thus no bad habits to break...

Just become a "Marine" first...

Many marksmanship instructors say it's easier to teach marksmanship fundamentals to someone with no experience because the student does not need to "unlearn" certain specific skills. Even so, to be successful, the shooter must be able to translate what they've been taught in the classroom to the firing line.

as a former marksmanship instructor when I was an Quantico, don't worry about the rifle range, and believe me once you hit Boot Camp the rifle range will be the last thing on your mind, so when you do get their, just do what the instructors tell you and you will be okay..

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There is absolutely nothing you can do in advance to prepare you for the rifle qualification course. You should focus on your physical fitness.

Best advice forget what you know shut up and pay attention. If you can do that everything else will be taught to you.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Kevin---years ago, when the max on the range was 250, I shot a 225 (expert) on qualification day. I had grown up with firearms. My buddy had never touched a rifle or pistol in his entire life. He shot 237.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Even so, to be successful, the shooter must be able to translate what they've been taught in the classroom to the firing line.
    This is the key. Get into a daily routine with cleaning, sight set up, your range book and being relaxed(which comes from all of the other stuff)

I suppose setting up a shooting barrel in the front yard and dry firing is out of the question ?

Thread Information