hello all,
I have stumbled upon a few questions regarding the opportunity to try recon at SOI if you are qualified. I do not mean to be just another poolee asking all sorts of questions about recon because i have some unrealistic dream about joining. I actually believe I am in very good shape already and may be able to earn the chance to try out(if that is the right word).

I am currently enlisted in the DEP as an 0311 reservist (1/25th, Londonderry NH) leaving June 1st 2015 for bootcamp. I enlisted in the reserves to get my degree and am currently a freshman in college. It is my understanding that after boot camp, at SOI, qualified Marines may get the opportunity to attend BRC. After doing some research myself, I have noticed that almost all of the reserve recon battalions are down south in places like San Antonio or New Orleans.

My questions begin here. Obviously I am not close enough to make a commute to and from my base (if I were to make it). What would happen if I made it? Would I have to move down south? or would i be forbidden from this chance because I am too far away? Any insight would be helpful, as I'll need to start figuring out if I need to transfer schools.

Also, when I finish school the Active-Reserve program is something that is interesting to me. Are recon marines eligible for this program?

Thank you all for your time.