Questions about my possible MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Questions about my possible MOS

I just took the asvab test a couple days ago and I qualified for aviation electrician technician, , communication/electrician , construction/utilities, ordnance technician/metal works which I think is hvac and stuff. So i was wondering which of these would better suit me in the civilian world. I heard that even though the aviation you get good money they usually wont accept anyone without a degree of some sort. And to get your degree you would have to re enlist and I heard that sucked too. So i want to know which of these i could do in 4 years get out and find a job. thank you

Similar Threads:

No civilian jobs for ordnance (bombs/ammo) technician so scratch that one.

Construction/utilities is engineer/heavy equipment operator. These have apprentice programs which are convertible to civilian jobs.

You know what electricians do. Most work in the home construction industry (wiring new homes, apartments, buildings , etc) but that can be seasonal work depending on the part of the country you live in.

Communications can apply to civilian jobs except a field radio operator (there are no field radios in the civilian world). Wiremen can work with power companies or cable TV companies.

Metal works is welders. They make good money in the civilian market and also work in the home construction industry, ship building, steel mills, etc.

Besides civilian employment opportunities, you should also consider what interests you the most. Unless you don't mind working a job you don't like very much.

what about the aviation would that one pay off or do you need a degree to get the 6 figure salary position?

It seems to Me, you need an apprentice program so you can make BIG money. Why even think about going in and trying to make it though Boot Camp just to worry about what comes afterwards ? "And to get your degree you would have to re enlist and I heard that sucked too." I don't think The Marines are going to FIT in to Your plans for money ...

I'm not joining for money these are just a simple questions that I'm looking for answers to. Just because someone told me re enlisting sucks does not mean i wouldn't do it. I have my own reasons for joining and would appreciate if you didn't form biased judgmental opinions based off some questions I asked without knowing my true intentions.

Take that attitude back to your recruiter - I'm sure they will bend over backwards to help you with it. We don't need it here on our board. Nobody says you have to like the answers we give. This is not a customer service department and Marines are not politically correct. We say what is on our minds - because we have earned that right. You are just a wannabe visitor here.

Remember your place here. We are Marines. We have earned that title. You are in our house. I'm sure your recruiter would tell you the same.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    No civilian jobs for ordnance (bombs/ammo) technician so scratch that one.
    There are allot of jobs nowadays for bomb makers in the civilian world...not very long lasting or very fulfilling but they are out there........

There would be no reason to give my recruiter attitude because he wasn't as rude as your buddy over there. I asked him the exact same question and instead he went over all the jobs and pointed out which jobs would better suit me. I am simply here just trying to get a response from someone who's done some of the things that I qualify for and how it went it for them after they got out. I am not trying to be rude but if people want to be rude with me I will be rude back. Idc if you are a marine or not. I respect your title for you guys have earned it but that doesn't mean you earned the right to talk to me however you feel and expect me to sit back and take it.

My recruiter would not tell me the same, I don't even know what you are talking about UMSCRivera. Like I said I'm here trying to get answers, you guys are the ones feeling some type of way.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Some type of way. Sounds like song lyrics

USMCARivera IS a recruiter, so whose yours Renzo? Its a small Corps. Dont think you can come here, act like a douche, and no one you know in real life from your RSS will find out. Id be surprised if your recruiter saw this thread and you didnt get blasted. Ask questions all you want, but check that garbage attitude at the door. Not even in the DEP and you're worried about making 6 figures once you get out of the Corps. Lmao.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo View Post
    what about the aviation would that one pay off or do you need a degree to get the 6 figure salary position?
    6-figure income in aviation?....maybe if you work MASSIVE amounts of overtime and have been with the company for numerous years already. Otherwise the only people that make that kind of money are managers/directors/executives.

Without a college degree already there is very little chance to make that fresh out of the Corps.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    There are allot of jobs nowadays for bomb makers in the civilian world...not very long lasting or very fulfilling but they are out there........
    Bloop don't forget.....you will have to relocate!

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    In the Corps, your a rifleman first, sweet pea. So climb down out of your high chair and get through boot camp first. Your D.I.'s won't give a shet what your mos will be!

Thread Information