Exposed to Agent Orange
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Exclamation Exposed to Agent Orange

I was on Okinawa 72-73 at Camp Foster 3rd FSR Supply Bat. Wondering if any one worked at the warehouse and do they remember if they stored the orange striped 50 gallon drums at the warehouse.

My next question is after Okinawa I was stationed at Camp Pendelton, 1973 with the 5th Marines and they had just return from Vietnam. Wondering if all their equipment was contaminated with agent orange.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My jungle boots had red dust on them that never came off. Today, those boots are long gone and so is my old sea bag I had in Nam. The # 1 rule in Nam was "If you at the food, hit the dirt, and ran through the jungle" most likely you're done !

Every morning the OH-6 Loach would fly over spraying my base and when I could grab a shower it was from the out house looking show made of wood with a 50 gal drum on top holding all the water it had that orange strip on the outside of the drum. Outside of out hootch those same drums were used for us to wash up in and save when we got a chance which wasn't often.

I remember one patrol the Oh-6 flew over spraying this milky white stuff hey, AO was not the only thing that were sprayed on the land over there you also had Agent red, blue, green, white, silver these all were chemical based to a specific chemical used during the war. AO was the noticeable because of the law suite back in the 1980's when us vets started up that AO registry and went after the chemical companies with the law firm love & love.

Today, I developed diabetes from AO along with lumps and dumps which would be called sarcoma in the last few month a new dumb appeared on the palm of my right hand, there is no pain with it but I am keeping my eye on it like all the other dumps I have on my arms and legs.

Last I heard was the remaining barrels of AO were all stored in Washington DC at an Army base. It was estimated there were about 5,000 drums left over from the war and were scheduled to be burred out west somewhere. BUT no one knows for sure and now that the democrats have given permission for our farmers to use AO again on their grapes well, we've all been killed off and just standing next to one of those drums can't harm you unless it was leaking and the liquid got onto your skin then you've been exposed.

Sir,

If you have developed Type 2 diabetes I strongly suggest that you go to your local Disabled American Veterans post (DAV) and speak with the DAV rep that can assist you in filing a disability claim. I experienced the same symtoms as you have and I was fortunate enough to have been directed to the DAV post in my home town.

Bill

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'm talking to a DAV rep.

I developed type 2 diabetes and had a heart attack. I have no family history and healthy all my life. Just hit me out of the blue.

I was with the 5th during 68 & 69. AO is the gift that keeps on giving.

I remember the barrels I moved around in a hanger at the Danang Airbase, were orange striped, and the largest lettering on it called it "Compound Orange". I never heard it referred to as "Agent" Orange until 1980.
    Those barrels were leaking, and smelled real bad, and not like kerosene, either.
    Hadn't been brewed, yet.
    Have chronic lymphocyctic leukemia, but the VA doesn't know if it is from AO or Camp Lejeune Bad Water. Doesn't really matter, I am thinking at this point.

Semper Fi
    Day by day

Sempidr

Hang in there brother. I've been pretty lucky so far myself. I hope you do well.

Thread Information