DLAB and Crypto Linguist Slots
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

DLAB and Crypto Linguist Slots

Good Afternoon, Marines.

I'm currently a Poolee for the Marine Corps, with a Q7 contract for 02xx/26xx intel/crypto linguist. Having a shot at cryptologic linguist school is, by far, my ultimate dream careerwise in the Marine Corps, but I realize with sequestration/drawdowns that slots just aren't as available as they used to be. So my question is, with a DLAB of 113, ASVAB of 95, and a GT score of 135, should I realistically have a good shot at being chosen for this MOS school over intel at basic? I know the requirements state one must have a minimum of 100 or 110, but I just can't see that as being the number the Marine Corps is really looking for nowadays. I've seen many posts from individuals with 120-140 DLABs getting a spot, but not much info about any scores lower. Would having a college degree as well have any bearing at all on the decision? I apologize that this question may be redundant, but from what I've read, much of the information seems to be years old and was hoping to get some more up-to-date answers. Thank you.