How to became a Marine, If I live in another country.
Create Post

How to became a Marine, If I live in another country.

Hi,

Im a U.S citizen and I want to became a marine, im 19. The problem is that i live in Brazil at the moment, and im just about to finish high school here.

How can i apply/became a marine if im not living in the USA? doing high school in another country is a problem?

Thanks for any help,

William.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    no idea....go the the Marines website and fill in the info...you should get a call from a recruiter that may be able to help you

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    As long as you live outside of the US, you're out of luck. You'll have to move back to the States and have a US address and phone number.

Ok, I understand that I have to move to the US, thats not a big deal. However, I end up reading the instructions for applying and saw that I need the high school diploma.

This diploma needs to be a US diploma? If it is, there's any way to make another's country diploma valid?

Thanks for the help so far,

William.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBoone View Post
    Ok, I understand that I have to move to the US, thats not a big deal. However, I end up reading the instructions for applying and saw that I need the high school diploma.

This diploma needs to be a US diploma? If it is, there's any way to make another's country diploma valid?

Thanks for the help so far,

William.
    these are questions for recruiters, we are not recruiters. They may not contact you being outside of the continental U.S. but try and get in touch with a recruiter.

Would be nice to have a recruiter in the forums .

Until now, I had visit a few marine websites and them always require US adress, wich I dont have.

Tomorrow Im gonna call the embassy here in Brazil, just to know if they have any information about this.

Thanks again,

William.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    There are academic organizations which specialize in evaluating foreign diplomas and degrees and giving them American equivalence. They charge fees, of course, which would be your responsibility.

I would imagine with the Marine Corps having accepted other recruits from foreign countries (after they got their green card or citizenship), there has to be a mechanism in which their academic credentials can be validated.

And you're right, it would be nice to have a recruiter aboard. Whenever we do they don't last long.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBoone View Post
    Would be nice to have a recruiter in the forums .

Until now, I had visit a few marine websites and them always require US adress, wich I dont have.

Tomorrow Im gonna call the embassy here in Brazil, just to know if they have any information about this.

Thanks again,

William.
    ya have one now lol

You can still join once you move back to the United States. We have ways of validating that you graduated high school. I personally have never put anyone in from another country but one of the Marines who works in the RSS with me put in a guy from Russia who was here on a green card.

Thread Information