Random questions
Create Post

Random questions

Just wanted to ask. I'm a frequent smoker (thc) and I wanted to know if there could be any chance of still being able to join the Marines? (Would getting sober help, etc.) Thanks !

Similar Threads:

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy43 View Post
    Just wanted to ask. I'm a frequent smoker (thc) and I wanted to know if there could be any chance of still being able to join the Marines? (Would getting sober help, etc.) Thanks !
    are you serous??? you already know the answer to that. you would have to try to join at least a year after being off the crap.. other wise it would show, and from the sound of it I don't think you could make it, and if you need that junk, I don't think I would want you in a Fox hole with or next to me..

You need to get your head and butt wired together and stay clean before you even entertain the Idea of trying to be a Marine..

best of luck to you, son..

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    Don't be so shocked. People, keep in mind that it's not rare for a Marine bored on watch somewhere to come on here and pull our legs a bit. Very common, just laugh it off, say, ok, MARINE, join after you get sober! and so forth. LOL.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    Yep, lots of people come on here with questions, most are legit but a few are not. Gotta be able to screen em.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    serious question or not from the OP....this is something that the Corps is going to need to start working on(if it's not already). With Marijuana(and THC) becoming more socially acceptable and becoming legal in a few states, we are going to see more and more wannabes coming here and going to recruiters offices asking about this.

I don't condone the practice by any means but if it is a legal substance and the user is of legal age, how can we(govt., DoD, the Corps) hold that against the person when they decide they want to join our ranks?.....obviously they would need to quit and not continue....

I dont see that happening Joseph especially considering we fall under the UCMJ and the laws governing us are slightly different.

Out in the civillian world i can go tell my boss to eff off and I may get fired but theres no possibility of me going to jail for it. (just an example in the differences between CivDiv and military life as im sure you are already aware)

Especially considering that it is a mind altering drug, sure i guess the same could be said about alcohol but as many are aware alcohol is a severe problem already for all the branches.

Now i am not saying that its never going to happen but at least for the next 10 to 15 years im willing to wager it isnt going to happen. but stranger things have been known to happen.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    I dont see that happening Joseph especially considering we fall under the UCMJ and the laws governing us are slightly different.

Out in the civillian world i can go tell my boss to eff off and I may get fired but theres no possibility of me going to jail for it. (just an example in the differences between CivDiv and military life as im sure you are already aware)

Especially considering that it is a mind altering drug, sure i guess the same could be said about alcohol but as many are aware alcohol is a severe problem already for all the branches.

Now i am not saying that its never going to happen but at least for the next 10 to 15 years im willing to wager it isnt going to happen. but stranger things have been known to happen.
    you're absolutely right but again if the fed. govt. decides to declassify it as a schedule 1 drug, we will have to immediately stop telling some of these wannabes that they have no chance because technically the Corps/recruiters won't be able to hold it against them. Again obviously while they're in the service they won't be able to consume/smoke/whatever any of this stuff but I am just speaking for before they enlist.

Just more liberal social experimentation. There will come a time when it's legal everywhere just like alcohol. May even have head shops (or whatever they're called) in the MCX.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Top View Post
    Just more liberal social experimentation. There will come a time when it's legal everywhere just like alcohol. May even have head shops (or whatever they're called) in the MCX.
    I can see it now: Green Beans and Green Bud.

Thread Information