Wannabe looking for a current/former DI
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wannabe looking for a current/former DI

Hello Marines,

Right now I am just a wannabe looking for some information. I am wondering if a current/former DI could PM me. I have a few questions that I would like to ask. Thank you.

Similar Threads:

How about you just post your question here so it can be answered, that way if somebody in the future has the same question, its answered?

As a wannabe, I cant think of a single thing you could possibly ask a drill instructor. You really wont rate to ask your Drill Instructors anything until the second to last day of bootcamp where they get you in a school circle and talk to you man to man.

Credits
    Savings
    1. Is there any way to get on the "good side" of a DI? I know everyone will get the business at some point. Just not sure if there is a way to get less of it.

2. If you have to go number 2, how willingly will they let you? Like if you HAVE to go urgently will that be a problem?

3. Since I am looking at the reserves, would I be thought of any differently?

are you f###ing kidding me....this isnt the boy scouts sweet pea

Quote Originally Posted by UT13 View Post
    1. Is there any way to get on the "good side" of a DI? I know everyone will get the business at some point. Just not sure if there is a way to get less of it.
    if a DI does take a liking to you, you will ever never know, or worse you will be ridden day and night and expected more out of,, but chances are just do what you're told as fast as you can and pay attention.. and you will be fine, don't even think anyone will take it easy on you,,

2. If you have to go number 2, how willingly will they let you? Like if you HAVE to go urgently will that be a problem?
    if you have to go bad, and you are out on the Parade deck or in a class room, they will let you go to the head, but they won't let you forget it and will give some jazz about it (jazz meaning a little extra thrashing).

3. Since I am looking at the reserves, would I be thought of any differently?
    no they will not treat you any differently in boot camp, when you go to the school that is your MOS, or when you go to MCS or MCBS you might get a little ribbing over being a "weekend warrior"

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Virtually anything you want to do in boot camp, can be done, if you talk to the drill instructor in a very authoritative tone, which they respect.

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    Virtually anything you want to do in boot camp, can be done, if you talk to the drill instructor in a very authoritative tone, which they respect.
    ROFL,, me thinks you're trying to set him up... that will go over good,, like a lead balloon... lol

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    ggeeeeeezzzuuuuss!!........I am not even going to entertain those questions with answers

Is this seriously a question? What the hell are you looking for breakfast in bed? Blow J's on sundays? Turndown service? This isnt the Airforce kid might want to research a bit more before trying to join.

If you have to go real bad then you better make a proper request to use the head and not sit there and pee your pants like a lot of recruits do. in all honesty that is the least of your concerns based on your question.

They may make fun of you as a reservist but dont worry you will get hazed just the same as all the AD recruits aswell.

Here's my advice. Don't waste a DI's time with these questions. Some things just have to be learned the hard way.

1) No. sound off, move fast, do what your told. You will get slayed regardless; just a it less if youre not a screw up. Embrace it.

2) You make headcall when they tell you you can. Thats it. If it’s an “emergency head call”; tell them; they’ll let you make it, then destroy youafterfor having no discipline andconstantly using the head. This will begin to put you on their radar which willmake number 1 (above) harder.
    3) Yes. You will get some slight ribbing for being areservist. It’s all in good fun. Have some thick skin and it’s a non-issue.

Credits
    Savings
    I know that this stuff would be the least of my worries but its just something that doesn't seem to get asked much so I figured I would ask. I couldn't find a whole lot on how emergency head calls are taken care of. I appreciate the responses though.

We had this recruit named Dunn in our platoon. I think he may have had some type of digestive issue and the Drill Instructors knew about it. When he had to go bad (which was sooner than everyone else) he got this contorted look on his face and his leg would start to shake. "DUNN!! DO YOU GOTTA POOP DUNN?? 2 Minutes for head call go! Get Back! Go! Get Back! Go!" On the first go, Dunn wouldn't come back. Not sure if the DI wanted him to either.

Credits
    Savings
    Hahaha well me just like anyone else has those emergency situations and it's always nice to know if the opportunity to go will be available. Im sure many people think of the idea but never ask about it. Im sure the DIs dont want recruits pooing themselves

Thread Information