Prior service enlistment
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Prior service enlistment

I was just medically seperated from the Marine Corps in August of 2014. It was the hardest decision of my life and now I am fully regreting it. Assuming I can get back to full health what are the actions I need to take to get back in? I was only able to serve 2 and a half years before the Navy Doc told me I was being medically seperated for my knees. I have a 40% rating from the VA but I believe I can get back to 100 percent and be able to perform the PFT and CFT again. Any help is greatly appreciated. Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Well, if the knees are now ok, then I don't see any problem, do you?

I would hope not. I have spoken to a PSR and a regular recuiter but both have basically blown me off and never responded. My reenlistment code is RE3P. Just wondering what if anything I can do next?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    you're screwed Devil....especially if a PSR is blowing you off

The PSR is basically telling you - the USMC is not interested in prior service Marines (even ones without a RE-3P). Hasn't been since the drawdown/sequestration. If the PSR will not work your case, there is nothing else you can do. Time to move on Devil. Good luck.

Damn. Understood thank you for the info. Semper Fidelis

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EAF View Post
    Damn. Understood thank you for the info. Semper Fidelis
    are you close(able to?) picking up Cpl?.....once your an NCO alot of doors can open up with MARFORRES. I assume you are technically in the IRR now or still?....there is monitors and PSR's at MARFORRES that may be able to help your case but you'd have to be an NCO for them to want to as alot of the billets they can place you into would require that

I was selected for Cpl the day I went on terminal lol. I don't know exactly how it works but im not sure if I am on IRR. I was medically seperated with a rating of 40% from the VA.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I don't have a contact number or anything but you should fall under the IRR right now....meaning you don't have a chain of command and you are free to contact the higher ups that work at MARFORRES and may be able to help you.

Check out the Manpower and Reserve Affairs webpage and sift through all the links, you should be able to find someone that can give you proper guidance and solid word on what your options are

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Does MOL show you as a Corporal??.....if you don't know and can't log in PM me your name(first and last) and I can take a look

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    nevermind....I saw your name on your profile, you don't even show up on MOL..??....

I was medically seperated. I can pull up MOL but it shows me as a lance still. Im not sure like I said before if I am on inactive reserve.

With life going back to garrison life id say you dont have a snowballs chance. hell there are good Marines right now who wont even be able to re-enlist and they are full duty there just isnt enough boat spaces anymore.

Makes sense thank you for all the info.

Have you thought about at least talking to a reserve recruiter maybe joseph could give you some incite as to if the rules are the same or less stringent. If a sir is willing to take a chance on you or what not really is the biggest thing because officers are really the ones that make all the decisions.

Enlisted make advisements but the officer is really the one who makes the decision. And if medical is saying you are too broke to be a full duty Marine and you actually got medically retired it almost seems like you are fighting an uphill battle.

I noticed you said that you only got like 2.5 years in if you get medically retired before you hit 3 years do they still give you full benefits?

Thread Information