Poolee/DEP Free Member USMCSpades's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Need help with Crunches on IST.

Current IST:
    Pullups: 15
    Crunches: 67
    1 1/2 Mile: 9.23

Hello, I'm new here and I've looked everywhere on the internet and asked around at the gym and it seems the Marine Corps crunches are different than how everyone else does them. My current issue is since I'm a skinny guy 6'0 and 134lbs I almost have to do a full sit up performing crunches. By doing this my shoulder blades completely touch the ground and I have to lift all the way off my back onto my butt in order for my elbows to touch my thighs. Thus after performing 40 in a row my back completely locks up and I'm not feeling in strain in my abs. Seems like the other Poolees who are heavier and slower than me perform 100-200 crunches and I can't even do more than 60 half the time. Your help and advice are appreciated greatly, Marines. Thank you!