No workout gains - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I do under the plight of high miles on the vehicle....however I still say unless you are already financially sound....I would wait until you find out your permanent duty station... after school and boot camp.....are you going overseas where a newer vehicle will just sit? Consider payments...insurance.....on a PFC...LCPL pay....with maintaining uniforms....haircuts and other expenses......it could be done.....soundly....but I would wait.......Good luck!

Yup, agree with the above. You have a paid for vehicle, let it sit and just try to have someone keep an eye on it and start it up once in a while. You might want to have something to drive when you get back from boot camp on leave, and you might even want to drive it to your MOS school. However even then I wouldn't purchase something else just yet, because you might end up shipping to Okinawa for a year and then you'll just have a newer truck sitting back in the states for a year while you have payments, higher insurance, etc.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Good advice, Ken, and others.

Thanks again Marines looks like it would be best to keep my truck around till I get assigned my first duty station. Also I will update you on my IST scores on the February 7th

BTW, is working out every day beneficial? I wonder if an every other day schedule might actually work...I'm no fitness expert but I believe the days off are intended to give your muscles a chance to rest. You might find this short rest may allow you to perform better on the days you do work out.

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post
    BTW, is working out every day beneficial? I wonder if an every other day schedule might actually work...I'm no fitness expert but I believe the days off are intended to give your muscles a chance to rest. You might find this short rest may allow you to perform better on the days you do work out.
    this is true, according to the fitness people who help people like Arnold and Sylvester.. you can work out everyday, but not the same areas,, I O if today you work on sit ups, and upper body like pull ups, the next day work on legs and running, and then the next day back to sit ups and pull ups..

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Overdoing anything---is not good.

Yeah I've switch areas everyday except for running I do that everyday but alternate between intervals and long distance. Then once a week I run with a backpack full of sand.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Overdoing anything---is not good.
    Well maybe sex would be alright.....

Be careful with the back pack and running...can give you stamina and endurance....but can harm your back .....neck....shoulders..and knees overtime if not done properly........

IST Scores Feb. 7, 2015
    Pull Ups 8
    1.5 Mile Run 10:02
    Sit Ups in 2 minutes 62

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    shameless plug

Thread Information