MCRD Question and Recruiter Question
Create Post
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

MCRD Question and Recruiter Question

Hello,

My name is Patrick, I am 17 years old, a Junior in High School and I live in Wisconsin, the Milwaukee area...

My first question is when is the best time to talk to a recruiter? As I said above, I am 17 years old, I'll be 18 this August and I am a Junior. I'm asking this question here because I don't know if I'm old enough to talk to a recruiter yet, and I don't want to waste his time.

Second question, ever since I've wanted to become a Marine, since 6th grade or so... I've been under the impression that "West of the Mississippi is San Diego, and East of the Mississippi is Parris Island" So I have been researching all about Parris Island, and this is where I would prefer to go. However, I've been told that Wisconsin goes to SD, is this true? And if so, would I be able to request Parris Island, since WI is really East of the Mississippi? I've heard about the family history thing, but unfortunately, I'm the only person in my family to ever consider the military. The closest person I know is a very good family friend who went to Parris Island. Is this close enough for the request to go through?

Thanks a lot for your time,
    Patrick