How difficult is it to be in a relationship when leaving for bootcamp? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In order to refine their craft, RECON rangers spend more time out in the field (and in the pool/ocean) than the average grunt. Different mission but the training is similar to Navy SEALS. Your GF will have to get used to being without you (and not knowing where you are/what you're doing).

Quote Originally Posted by mexbearlll View Post
    MunkyVsRobot, I have to disagree, We got Married in the 80's and it's been working for 33 years for US. My Son & DIL got Married 3 years ago @17 and 18 just had their 2nd child and just moved into base housing. They are having a blast raising their little Family ( I just got back from 29 palms, Myself ). I think, it's just that People NEED to TALK about they want out of Life before just Jumping into it. As My Son & DIL did... just My 2 cents
    It does work for some but for the majority it doesnt. I was married for a few years prior to going to MCRD so it wasnt that much of a strain I was also 27. Someone who is just dating and both are so young now a days just doesnt seem to work. I think it is a generational thing not trying to sound like Old Man River but there is definitely a difference between the generations. Most of them cant forecast past the weekend.

According to Yahoo, 30% of all military marriages end in divorce. For what that's worth.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I remember them days.
    Be careful young man what you do now could change you life entirely, young love wonderful thing.dont even think about marriage. Good luck Marine.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I wonder if the love of his life found out he posted this.....since he hasn't been back to check for answers to question.......

Thread Information