Can I get into Force Recon if I served in an allied force ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I have browsed and not found one response to any questions asked concerning this pipeline. So respectfully, I call bull****. I am aware of the drop out rate, thank you. I never said I was looking to take the dog for a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
    I have browsed and not found one response to any questions asked concerning this pipeline. So respectfully, I call bull****. I am aware of the drop out rate, thank you. I never said I was looking to take the dog for a walk in the park.
    Honestly your attitude sucks and if you cant search the internet to find this information, I have a feeling that you probably wont make it very far. Good luck with your goals.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    This is exactly right, devil bones---he HAS been responded to, but keeps asking about all these elite future things.

Joseph -- appears you are not winning friends here. Many of us are combat experienced and decorated veterans and don't have the patience to respond to a cocky attitude. Your postings appear like pricking a balloon with a needle to see if it would pop. Here's the low down: just because you were in foreign service, the Marine Corps could care less. You will learn how to do it the Marine Corps way...a lifesaving suggestion...wouldn't tell USMC DI that wasn't the way you learned something at the Golani Brigade.

There's more than wanting to be decked out with jump wings, scuba, UDT badges plus, perhaps a couple Silver Stars and PH -- the latter not widely recognized as an elective option. You don't need college to enlist but you do need some good G-2.

Lastly, I was surprised to read about your brigade's reputation in Wikipedia: "Although the brigade is known for insubordination problems," I trust this is not a systemic problem. Best advice offered by all: talk to your recruiter...and don't be arrogant.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    I have this funny feeling josephus will try to modify boot camp rules to fit his preferences.

Credits
    Savings
    I am about facing my attitude. Apologies. I thank you for your service, I am undoubtedly wrong on my approach. My first wake up call, I should have been a whole lot more respectful. I keep hearing the same response, I didn't mean no harm. I most definitely do not plan on modifying anything to my preferences, I plan on working hard and giving it all I got to better myself. I just got home from my first 2 hour pool session after not sleeping since Sunday morning. I am sleeping an average of 3 hours a night with no complaints, I am trying to accumulate as many things possible on the to do list before I sign and ship. I hope to maintain my hard working ways and then some going into boot and on to the other schools/courses. I am really trying, and I refuse to say I am overdoing myself. I am just trying to get the most that I can whether it be PT, academic achievements, certifications or just knowledge base. G-d bless you guys. - J

errrr

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    3 hours sleep is not nearly enough. The problem began here when you asked about the equivalent of running for president just out of high school.
    And we said first things first.

Quote Originally Posted by Josephus View Post
    Once you graduate as an 0321, even as a reservist... Do you get to go to HALO/HAHO Jump School, Divers and volunteer for all the other courses like rangers and SERE ?
    This is ALL dependent on your unit, and the funding available to send Marines to these schools. It will also depend on whether or not the additional training for Marines is essential to the Units current mission. Basically, an answer given to this question will be based off pure speculation.

Credits
    Savings
    LCPL1341, thank you! That definitely helps me understand. I am right now putting together my transcripts hopefully to get a contract as an E-2. I am also working out on my swimming skills. I was told that if I was willing to invest, buying a pair of fins would be a good idea and practicing with them. Is that a good idea ?

Thread Information