DEP QUESTION (leaving state)
Create Post

DEP QUESTION (leaving state)

A little about myself. I'm 23 and took some time off from school to get money for school. I'm one semester away from my bachelors and I'm headed back to school out of state to finish. My question is, could I go through the DEP program and leave the state for 5 months while I finish my degree? How would that work with my recruiter at home? Would he get me in contact with someone near my school? Thank you for reading.

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Typically while in the DEP your recruiter will want you to be around and available to keep you on track for shipping out to boot camp(that's the purpose of the DEP). Only thing you can really do is sit down and discuss this with your recruiter. If he thinks you're mature, of sound mind, and won't screw him over I don't see why this wouldn't be a viable option.

Thanks for the input and advice! I've been researching and reading about how to prepare for boot camp. Been memorizing the leadership traits and how to talk like a recruit. Although boot camp is another level I played college ball so I'm used to working out and conditioning regularly. I want to save face with my recruiter at home (talked a couple times) but I wonder if I should just get in contact with a recruiter down near my school and do an actual DEP/Poole program down there...

Thanks for the input and advice! I've been researching and reading about how to prepare for boot camp. Been memorizing the leadership traits and how to talk like a recruit. Although boot camp is another level I played college ball so I'm used to working out and conditioning regularly. I want to save face with my recruiter at home (talked a couple times) but I wonder if I should just get in contact with a recruiter down near my school and do an actual DEP/Poole program down there...

Any reason you are trying to DEP instead of doing PLC or OCS? Not saying there is something wrong with going enlisted over Officer I along with a number of individuals have degrees before they enlisted and decided not to go officer route. Just inquiring.

I apologize for late response MunkyVsRobot. I'm set to finish my degree this spring/June and am not sure if I would be eligible for PLC but I guess OCS. I'm not sure honestly that my GPA would be good enough to put me ahead of other candidates (kinda overloaded myself and did not do so hot last semester). I want to eventually be in law enforcement and I'm considering MP despite the fact that I hear how civilian agencies don't look too highly on MP's [over any other MOS]. Some advice I got from a cop was go infantry over MP but not sure if I'm sold yet.

Thread Information