Veterans Choice Card
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings

Veterans Choice Card

I went up to the mail box...found a real official, first class letter from the VA...I thought, O, ****, I've been filing against them for my brothers death for years, the last time with Sen. Claire McCaskill, that went nowhere ( I'm sure to vote for her again, yeah right)

So I open it up and its a 2 page letter with the veterans choice card and a bunch of crap about what I have to do to use the card.

Now I'm OK with the VA lately, I'm not forgetting about the times in the 70's when they ****ed my Nam buddy Tracey over and he checked out or when I was having problems and thinking about it, but that was 30 years ago and my last hearing aids are great, my ears still ring different warbles and I sometimes dream of the Nam but after this long, I wake up and don't give a ****.....well actually I do take a ****.

So back to the choice card....this is a great example of what's wrong in the VA management ....How about a post card, call us if you need us....this first class mail with the card attached probably cost's more than it would cost to reach out and save the lives of many of our new brother and sisters from the devils that claimed many of them after they came back to the home of the free and the brave.

Oh, I forgot, the guy who hooked me onto these new hearing aids was a contractor. The VA guy who reviewed it said he spent too much.....same old ****.

Similar Threads:

That VA card is worthless !!!!!
    I tried to use it and got no where.. When I got it they told me I could go to my own doctor and They said If the doc. agrees to there payment I could go there.. So I tried, and they said no they had to all the leg work and they Guarantee me they could get me in ,in 5 days.
    I was standing at the office counter and the office ladies all heard her say I promise I can get you in, in 5 days and they all said no way.. I had made the appointment 3 mouths prior to the card and so when I asked them would it be OK they said no and then she said we can get you in ,in 5 day I told her that's not going to happen cause this is a small town and not a large city like her city.. But she was still saying I can get you in,in 5 days. When the Office Secretary told her there's no way she argued with her ,and I told her she was full of chit!!
    That card is worthless as tits on a Marine!!!!!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    I kind of figured that. The card is the result of the congressional hearings and bad press about all of the vets who died waiting for appiontmants that they never got. So the VA spends millions issuing a card to every disabled vet thats worthless because they make up a bunch or rules that no private provider can satisfy or even understand. The VA is great at that kind of scam and the ****'s going to keep on and vets are going to keep on dying waiting for care until the government wakes up and closes down all of the VA healthcare facilities and gives every disabled vet a card thatthey can simply take to a real doctor of healthcare provider and get real help just like we do with medicare. Don't hold your breath though.

Credits
    Savings
    repeat after me

you can keep your health care plan.
    you can keep your doctor...

you have to pass this bill to see what's inside this bill.

*WE love you L O N G T I M E , GI....

Credits
    Savings
    Don't be so critical, Ed. This country is at the bottom of the quality of healthcare and at the top of the prices and the wages of doctors and the profits of healthcare facilities. I'm not an Obama fan but it would be nice to have the same type of healthcare as the rest of the civilized world. I saw a med that I'm taking go up 5000% in the last 3 months. Now tell me we don't need some kind of controls on this kind of ****.

Just got mine today, says right on the card temporary program, then it also says, This card does not provide pre-approval. Veterans may be liable for the cost of care that is not pre-approved, what a crock of ****, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    Tony
    for the past 40 some odd years, i've been paying
    for health care- one type or another.
    Union policies , private policies, Cobra payments
    yada yada yada yada....

IF you couldn't tell GOVERNMENT was making
    a POWER move that had little - IF- anything - to do
    with or about health care... Other than what they
    were saying to get the Camels nose into the tent...
    You'd better go hang out with Carvy.....
    He's looking again this year under that pile of
    HorseTurds/CurbApples for the Pony they''ve
    convinced him he's getting for Christmas...

Have you noticed ,,,
    Obama and his Companions , still have't given
    accurate numbers as to how many people
    are now covered by the Affordable Health Care Act..

They're singin' and dancin' and you keep dancin'
    with them along to their music...

Merry Christmas Brothers...
    and
    Semper Fidelis Marines...

Update,,,
    Got a call from Sen. Pat Robertson Office about the " card " and they wanted know why I was so pi**ed about the card,so I told them what had happened .
    So they called the V.A. about the card and the V.A. was under the same assumption I thought the card was meant for and they got upset also. So they called the head office of the company and they said no and said that a person is suppose to call them prior to wanting to make an appointment and I told them when they called I had made this appointment before I received the card and they said since I had made it prior to the card then I could keep the card and it would be OK for me.
    I told them how the receptionist was such a Bit#h, and they said will have a talk to them all about how to have better relationships with a client who calls for the next time someone calls..

PLEASE settle down guys, it's not worth the stress and aggravation you're giving it. I got my card yesterday and I read it carefully, here's my observations:
    1. Even though I moved over 1 year ago and advised every VA and TRICARE/EXPRESS SCRIPTS contact I had that I was moving more than 1 month before I moved this letter was sent to my old address. WOW, now I've got to send another letter to this place in Columbia, S.C.
    2. My letter had 3 pages, one of which was an expensive sheet in which the "Veterans Choice Card Temporary Program". I urge everyone to read this card closely because it clearly says it doesn't provide for "pre-approval" and provides a phone number to call to get that authorization.
    3. The card is of no use to me personally because I'm a 100%, combat wounded Marine from the Vietnam era. It does seem the VA could have saved some money by doing a simple search of all the guys like myself and eliminated them from this mailing, HOWEVER, I would dollars to donuts that most vets who didn't get the letter would call to complain and ask "why?"
    4. Having had to deal with VA since 1968 I've learned to have a lot of patience and not expect much at all and that's the advice I want to pass on to all the younger vets.

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    More and more VN Vets are starting to use their Medicare instead of the VA. Several on LN have finally got their issues taken care of through Medicare.

I"m using me Medicare plus Humana Plus..

I retired in 1973 and use Medicare and Prime For Life and I received one of those cards about a month ago. I put it in my drawer as it is of no value to me. They sure did waste some funds by sending me one when someone else might have had a use for it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I got one too first you will need to call that 1-800 # to see if you qualify for this benefit if you are you then can go outside the VA system to a regular hospital for health care however, you will be responsible to all cost you incurred.

Like myself a disabled Vet I will stick with the VA I see my medical doc once every 6-8 months for my heart and diabetes. Otherwise would I change after all these years 44 years to be exact.

This card is the patching due to the tons of veterans backlogs.

Credits
    Savings
    The card is a typical VA scam. Our vets will never get real care until we close up all of the VA facilities and allow our vets to get the same care that the rest of our citizens get at local hospitals and clinics

I have cancer. I have been lied to by the VA. A month ago I was told by my PCP that my request to use the Choice program had been denied. Today I found that a request had never been submitted

Thread Information