Marine Reservist Unit Change and Reenlistment Questions
Create Post

Marine Reservist Unit Change and Reenlistment Questions

Hello Everybody,I have a few important dates coming up, and I am desperately trying to navigate them as efficiently as possible. I'll try to explain my scenario briefly.MY SITUATIONI am on a 6 x 2 USMC contract, and within that I am on a 3-year IMA contract that ends in August of 2015, which is around the same time that my 6 years USMC contract is up. At that time I have to find a new unit to transfer to, and I am not sure how this process works. I was told by my career planner that I would need to contact a prior service recruiter in order to change units, but that I would not have to reenlist until the total 8 year contract is up.MY GOALS1) I want to remain in the USMCR.2) I do not want to drop down to the IRR. 3) I need to find a new unit.QUESTIONSCan anybody verify or explain this process to me? Why is a prior enlistment recruiter required for me to transfer units? I did not use one when I transferred to the IMA, so I'm confused why I would need one to transfer to a new unit now.Any help, explanation, or guidance would be greatly appreciated.Regards,Sgt Webb