Marine Corps Recon Preparation NEED HELP
Create Post

Marine Corps Recon Preparation NEED HELP

Hello Marines. Im currently out of Monroe Michigan recruiting station. Im 18, Signed for Recon for my MOS! Been working for this for a few years now and it wasnt easy to obtain the Mos. Im wondering what I should be doing to help prepare for the training. I lift,run and will be swimming soon. I am in pretty good shape I would have to say, but wondering anything else I should be doing. Recon is my Passion and I will do everything I can do become a Recon Marine.

Similar Threads:

im in the infantry not recon but I do know some guys who are and from what I've gathered about BRC is that you are gonna need to focus on mostly running and swimming. with running make sure it is with wait and preferably uphill if possible. you are gonna be doing a lot of hikes in the mountains of camp Pendleton with a lot of gear and a lot of wait up to 150 lbs. so better get your legs and endurance up. as for swimming its not about how fast you swim its about how long and how far so get in the pool and push yourself till the brink of passing out. but overall they say its mostly mental so if you want it bad enough and don't give up you'll be fine. good luck and semper fi.

The forums on Shadowspear have a mentor forum for SOF wannabes. Check it out over there. Make sure to post an intro first and be professional or you will get kicked. Good luck and swim and run and swim.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schindig28 View Post
    from what I've gathered about BRC is that you are gonna need to focus on mostly running and swimming. with running make sure it is with wait and preferably uphill if possible. you are gonna be doing a lot of hikes in the mountains of camp Pendleton with a lot of gear and a lot of wait up to 150 lbs. so better get your legs and endurance up. as for swimming its not about how fast you swim its about how long and how far so get in the pool and push yourself till the brink of passing out. but overall they say its mostly mental so if you want it bad enough and don't give up you'll be fine. good luck and semper fi.
    ^this x1000

Don't worry about lifting weights or anything like that, BRC is all about endurance. Run with a backpack with like 50lbs, swim ALOT!, do some body weight/low impact exercises(pushups, pullups, burpees,etc). Be sure to be drinking alot of water and eating properly too.

One suggestion I will make, that you will see a lot of progress from, is look up MARSOC short and long card workouts. Me and a few Marines from my unit are putting in MARSOC packages and we do those every other day. You will be in stupid good shape within a few weeks

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Stupid good shape ?
    WTF is that ?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker1971 View Post
    Stupid good shape ?
    WTF is that ?
    extremely good shape, phenomenal shape, PT stud, PT god...need I go on

Good luck with that. Try to make it through though; the Recon drops usually get sent to 29 Palms to become radio operators. Knew quite a few of them in the stumps.

Thread Information