Motivating Quotes
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Lake0300
    Guest Free Member

Motivating Quotes

Sometimes people say some very inspiring things. And maybe it doesnt make sense to the other people around you, but to you.. it just hits a spot. I read this the other day.. it hit that spot.

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and in resting, died... ...Now is the time!"

If anyone has something, a quote from a movie, from a book, whatever, throw it here. Maybe it'll reach someone?

No criticism please. I'm not here to tell people how wonderful of a quote that was. Or argue with someone about something they said. Just post your quote and leave it at that. If you've got something to say PM them please. Thanks. -Lake

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Everytime you PT and cant give anymore think of these 2 : Pain is temporary, pride is forever. And blood clots, bones heal, and sweat dries, suck it up, and be a Marine.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    "Self sacrifice for greater gain." - Me

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    First the "feminnazis" integrated Air Force basic training, then the Army went coed, while the Navy, in
    an attempt to deflect the bad press from Tailhook, surrendered in 1994.
    But the Corps stood tall and said "No way. Won't work. And now the Corps can say "I told you so."
    -Col David Hackworth, US Army-

dep_baumy
    Guest Free Member
    Here is a website I posted earlier, I bet there are over 1,000 quotes for not only self motivation, but about the Corps also. Check it out.

http://home.swbell.net/dg12/a/famoussayings.htm

# 1 quote

~no poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country, he won it by, making the other poor bastard die for his~

The Marines keep their standards up and their leadership is dynamite! It is the same kind of leadership we have seen throughout the Marines' history, and they are not lowering the bar. They are increasing the bar, and they have long lines of people who want to join the Marine Corps
    -Col David Hackworth, US Army-

Why the hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can; they are all the same kind of men...
    why can't the Army be like the Marines?"
    --Commander in Chief, AEF, General John Pershing, U.S. Army

The 2cnd ones my favorite

"We're surrounded... That simplifies the problem."
    CP

Haha Chesty is great

``We're not retreating, we're just fighting in reverse.''

Boy, I can think of a million inspiring quotes from the Corps.

Re: Motivating Quotes

Originally posted by Lake0300
    Sometimes people say some very inspiring things. And maybe it doesnt make sense to the other people around you, but to you.. it just hits a spot. I read this the other day.. it hit that spot.

"On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of victory, sat down to rest, and in resting, died... ...Now is the time!"

If anyone has something, a quote from a movie, from a book, whatever, throw it here. Maybe it'll reach someone?

No criticism please. I'm not here to tell people how wonderful of a quote that was. Or argue with someone about something they said. Just post your quote and leave it at that. If you've got something to say PM them please. Thanks. -Lake

The words above, I learned during my encyclopedia selling days. My female manager wrote them on the blackboard after I had spend all day trying to sell encyclopedia and was unsuccessful.

The next day I went out and sold my first set. Two months later, I was the district manager for World Book Encyclopedia in Fresno, Ca.

The words below also inspired me when I was very young. I though they were funny, when I read them. LOL

From a book I read, "The Illusionless Man" when I was 17 years old and in high school.

A few years later, when I got married, I said these same words to my wife (now, ex-wife ).

"In our economic bracket and social status, we have a 20% chance of staying together for 3 years."

LOL

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by dep_baumy
    : Pain is temporary, pride is forever.

I have one like that I been useing for some time it go's: Pain is temporary, weakness is forever.

What Poolee is not inspired by these famous words:

``Pain is weakness leaving the body.'' ?

By the way, this morning we ran past the World Trade Center. Now *that* was motivating. Everytime I got tired running, I'd just take a second and look down into the bathtub, get ****ed off, and catch a second wind.

Below are a few things that I live by or believe them worthy.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things.
    The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.
    The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

"I am tired and sick of war,
    It's glory is all moonshine,
    It is only those who have never fired a shot,
    Nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded,
    Who will cry aloud for blood,
    More vengeance,
    More desolation,
    War is HELL."
    General William Tecumseh Sherman US Army

"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom,
    can never be restored.
    Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."
    ~ John Adams ~

"Freedom
    Those who take freedom for granted,
    Would be dependent,
    On those brave souls,
    Who are willing to pay the price for it.
    And the price of freedom,
    Will be paid at times unexpected,
    By heroes,
    Who didn't know they were."

" Duty is the most sublime word in the English language.
    You can never do more, you should never wish to do less."
    ~ Robert E. Lee writing to his son ~

"Excellence doesn't just happen.
    It must be forged, tested and used.
    It must be passed down.
    And woven into the very fabric of our souls.
    Until it becomes our nature."
    ~ General Charles C. Krulak ~
    31st Commandment of the Marine Corps

"We all have choices to make in this life.
    We all have responsibility to recognize our options.
    And to choose the path which best suits.
    What we believe we can and could accomplish,"
    ~ Charles "Chuck" D. McAtee ~

"To control the past,
    Is to give meaning to the present,
    And direction to the future."

"tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito"
    (Yield not to misfortunes, but advance all the more boldly
    against them)

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
    ~ John Quincy Adams ~

The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve
    in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were Treated and Appreciated by their Nation.
    (George Washington)

"No better friend, no worse enemy — it's your choice,"
    ~ Maj. Gen. James Mattis ~
    Commander of the 1st Marine Division

“The only requirement for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing”
    ~ Edmund Burke ~

"Judgment is the essence of leadership"
    ~ Col Hackworth ~

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni

"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

"Death Before Dishonor"

For ye shall know the truth,
    and the truth shall set you free.

"A man is measured by the imprint he leaves behind".

Many Vietnam Vets, frustrated,hot, dirty with
    an ageless dirt, tired beyond physical endurance,
    weary to the bone, scared, skeptical of
    authority that had lied to them too many times before,
    boys who had done more than they could in good
    conscience do, seen more than they could bare
    to see, lost more than they could afford to lose, when
    conditions seemed impossibly unbearable, uttered these
    painful words that became a common saying...
    "It Don't Mean Nuthin',"

In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays. Forms change and pass; bodies disappear; but spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision-place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to see where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! the shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into their souls
    Maj. Gen. Joshua Lawrance Chamberlain
    Gettysburg Oct 3, 1889

Proud father of Caleb Green USMC
    Assigned to Charlie Company,
    2nd Light Armored Recon Battalion,
    2nd Marine Expiditionary Brigade

Exceprts from this post;

I would have you day by day fix your eyes upon the greatness of [America], until you become filled with the love of her; and when you are impressed by the spectacle of her glory, reflect that this empire has been acquired by men who knew their duty and had the courage to do it, who in the hour of conflict had the fear of dishonor always present to them, and who, if ever they failed in an enterprise, would not allow their virtues to be lost to their country, but freely gave their lives to her as the fairest offering which they could present at her feast."
    (Pericles' Funeral Oration, describing the young warriors of Athens, recorded by Thucydides, History, Book 2, Chapter 6)

Every aspect of a mother's being is outraged at the thought of her son in harm's way and her heart cries out, "No, not my son!" That's why a mother must conquer her instincts, muster courage from somewhere, and send her son to war. She cannot just watch him go. So, my wife donated our son to his country, and I, true to form, watched him go.

But for us, that decision was made not when the Marines ordered our son to Iraq. It was made when we concurred in his decision to serve his country in the Corps. As he says, "I did not choose the Marines, they chose me." They were looking for a few good men. Our son did not join the United States Marine Corps, however, to acquire money for an education, or extra funds to purchase the car of his dreams. He joined to serve his country. We all knew what that meant.

As long as I live, when I want to remember what is representative of the best in America, I will summon to mind the images I saw in the field that day. An indomitable and magnificent force marshaled from the youth of America, garlanded in martial splendor, transported half way across the world, shedding its own blood and that of the enemy, and then coming home.

How on earth do the Marines do it? They often start with the raw, cynical, MTV-educated youth of America and, regardless of what remains of those young people individually, collectively they are transformed into what the human spirit longs to be -- virtuous. Pericles was right when he spoke of young warriors:
    "For even those who come short in other ways may justly plead the valor with which they have fought for their country; they have blotted out the evil with the good, and have benefited the state more by their public services than they have injured her by their private actions." There was something significant to be learned on that homecoming beach and in that dew-damp field when warriors returned home,
    "But most of America slept through it".

"It's motivating that a unit of such small size, could do such a good job that a general in such an important position would notice and give thanks," said Sgt. Kristopher Bauer, 4th LAR Bn. vehicle commander, from Redding, Calif. "It gives great credit to the Marines that our efforts are making a difference."

"We have a tremendous legacy to uphold and everything we do must burnish that reputation," he continued.

"There is no easy way to be a Marine and there never will be.
    You are a Marine every day and it is your responsibility to uphold the legacy that Marines in the past have so dearly established.
    ~ Col Col. John Ripley USMC (retired) ~

"Live your "Core Values" and life will take care of itself"
    "You can leave a Mark or a Stain to mark your presence here on earth, it's up to you, which you will leave behind".
    ~ Ricardo ~

Semper Fidelis
    Ricardo

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

That one always gets me going in the morning.

Thread Information