MCT Questions
Create Post

Thread: MCT Questions

MCT Questions

Hey I just graduated boot camp and was wondering are we allowed to bring an extra ditty bag to MCT? I've been told we can bring packaged food to MCT and was wondering if we're allowed another bag. Also are we allowed to wear black padded socks or do they have to be coyote brown?

Similar Threads:

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Congratulations. PM josephd and munkyvsrobot if they don't happen to wander in here---they'll have some answers.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    I wouldn't bring any food, you can't have in the squad bay.

As far as socks go, as long as they are "tactical" colors(black, brown, tan, green) you'll be fine.

I wouldn't suggest bringing anything that cannot fit inside of 2 seabags and your warbag/ditty bag/whatever they call it now. You won't have room for anything more inside your wall locker.

I Went to ITB not MCT but when I went they didn't let me have any bags other than the bags I got in boot camp(2 sea bags, war bag, and garment bag) although once there (not me) but other people in my platoon bought new luggage. But as for check-in just stick with the stuff you got! for food they don't allow it in the squad bays and if you got mailed food you had to go out side and eat it or give it to the combat instructors until you had some libo time depending on which instructor was giving mail out that night! good luck devil and semper fi!!!!

Congratulations and good luck Marine !

When I got to MCT they did the following: Dumped my seabags, and told me to place all the items essential to training (at MCT) in one seabag and everything else in the other seabag. The essential items included: cammies, socks, extra boots, skivvies, extra covers, hygiene gear, and a few other small thing I may be forgetting. That other seabag with the non essential items went into a storage area; we didnt see it until the end of training. Our cellphones and chargers went into a marked bag and was kept with the combat instructors. We got it back on libo, and again at the end of training.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LCPL1341 View Post
    When I got to MCT they did the following: Dumped my seabags, and told me to place all the items essential to training (at MCT) in one seabag and everything else in the other seabag. The essential items included: cammies, socks, extra boots, skivvies, extra covers, hygiene gear, and a few other small thing I may be forgetting. That other seabag with the non essential items went into a storage area; we didnt see it until the end of training. Our cellphones and chargers went into a marked bag and was kept with the combat instructors. We got it back on libo, and again at the end of training.
    unless this is standard SOP across all of MCT now, each Co. may be different because I never had to dump anything, kept everything with me, and got to keep my cell with me(other Marines got to keep other electronics too). I wasn't allowed to have it on me or out unless we were on our own time at the squad bay. This was 6 years ago though so...

what the hell do you need another bag for? you wont have time for that crap, and dont worry about packaged food youre not allowed to have it. If all you are concerned about is chow you can get fat an nasty on MRE's and youll get a field mess every other week or so.

As it pertains to socks you can buy them at the MCX assuming you get there early enough.

I was Hotel Co. at Geiger in 2013. It may have changed.

Thread Information