Wife going to MOS school
Create Post

Wife going to MOS school

Good evening gentlemen. I'm Poole Gooding, leaving in 11 days to boot camp at Paris Island.
    I'm getting married 2 days after I get back from bootcamp.

Now I've searched the forum multiple times on this topic but all of the threads about my question are from 2009-2011 and I'm not sure if it's changed.

I was originally told by my recruiter that if my mos school is longer than 6 months (Which it will be, I have a BY Electronics Maintenance contract) then my wife will be able to go with me. But I asked another recruiter in the office if my wife could go with me and he said "No, because it's a training environment they don't allow it"
    Is this true? My MOS school is going to be in 29 palms California.
    Also can anyone with that contract tell me about how the school and job is in general?
    Thank you

Similar Threads:

Its possible but I think it depends on which type of orders you get. My MOS school was 8 months long but we were here for 11 months and the married Marines lived in base housing with their spouse. You need DUINS orders to qualify, basically its PCS orders.

Thank you for your input sir. Where was your mos school?

Quote Originally Posted by LGooding View Post
    Thank you for your input sir. Where was your mos school?
    Ft Belvoir, VA.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    Ft Belvoir, VA.
    Are you/were Topo devil..?

in regards to the OP I wouldnt worry about what happens in MOS school when you havent even graduated boot camp yet. Many many people go to recruit training thinking about other $#!+ that has nothing to do with recruit training they get hurt and get seperated before they even earn the title so why dont we start there first.

Second your school as to be at least 6 months long to be able to move your spouse to which you said yours is longer. It may be longer than 6 months but that doesnt always guarantee you to be able to move your wife out there with you. I wasnt able to move my wife out to Ft. Belvoir you are still in student status and they tell you what you can do. You will be a boot who knows nothing about nothing in terms of military life learning how to do your job with all these other distractions i would count on them not letting you move her out there with you.

You will also need to find out if your school is longer than 6 months because you have multiple school sto go to. Crew Chiefs i believe have like 3 - 4 schools they have to go to before they even get to the fleet so you might want to check that.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    Are you/were Topo devil..?

in regards to the OP I wouldnt worry about what happens in MOS school when you havent even graduated boot camp yet. Many many people go to recruit training thinking about other $#!+ that has nothing to do with recruit training they get hurt and get seperated before they even earn the title so why dont we start there first.

Second your school as to be at least 6 months long to be able to move your spouse to which you said yours is longer. It may be longer than 6 months but that doesnt always guarantee you to be able to move your wife out there with you. I wasnt able to move my wife out to Ft. Belvoir you are still in student status and they tell you what you can do. You will be a boot who knows nothing about nothing in terms of military life learning how to do your job with all these other distractions i would count on them not letting you move her out there with you.

You will also need to find out if your school is longer than 6 months because you have multiple school sto go to. Crew Chiefs i believe have like 3 - 4 schools they have to go to before they even get to the fleet so you might want to check that.
    Yes I am. I told you in a PM before. I work there now. I went to school with your MSgt.

Thread Information