Advice about paperwork?? (thanks in advance)
Create Post

Advice about paperwork?? (thanks in advance)

Okay, so I've been in the Delayed Entry Program since March of this year, and I got married in June. Yes, I am well aware that it was not recommended, but my father was ill and I wanted him to walk me down the aisle. He passed away in August, so that's exactly why I married while in the DEP. I have been repeatedly reminded my recruiter that we need to change my last name on my paperwork since June, and today is the first time he ever attempted to do it.
    Anyway, I was supposed to ship on October 27th, but due to a bruised kneecap, they pushed my date back to February, but put me on stand-by. I was told last week, that there was a very high chance of me leaving December 1st. I've been super excited. Well, I found out today while talking to my recruiter that because he has (for lack of better wording) neglected to do my name change, I would not be shipping in December.
    I'm obviously very upset as I have told him numerous times that we needed to get it done, and all he would ever say is "I'll get around to it later." I feel as though his neglect to do his job has led to me having my hopes completely dropped.
    Anyway, other than that detail, he has been a very supportive and awesome recruiter, but I feel like I should go talk to Gunnery Sergeant (his RSS boss) and tell him what's been going on, because I honestly don't think it's fair, that I can't leave when I was told because my recruiter failed to do paperwork that we have had 5 months to do. But I also do not want him getting in some sort of trouble by any means.....
    Any suggestions anyone?