Hair Regs
Create Post

Thread: Hair Regs

Hair Regs

OK so I am a poolee and I ship for recruit training in January. An I wanted to know, do females have to have their hair braided or be able to put in a ponytail to go to recruit training? I couldn't find anything to answer my question about females with short hair.

Similar Threads:

Why would you waste your time first off worrying about hair styles in boot camp? It isnt a fashion show they will tell you how to wear your hair. Second you will be wearing it in a bun while you are in uniform whether it is a braided bun or a straight one is really the only decision you get to make with long to medium length hair. But if you would like a quote from the order.

1020.34G: >Ch 5 1. Braids. Medium and long hair may be braided. Multiple braiding (defined as more than two braids) is authorized. When worn, multiple braids shall be of uniform dimension, small in diameter(approx. 1/4 inch), show no more than 1/8 of an inch of scalp between the braids and must be tightly interwoven to present a neat, professional, well groomed appearance. Foreign material (i.e., beads, decorative items) shall not be braided into the hair. Braids must continue to the end of the hair in one direction, in a straight line, and can be worn loose per medium hair length guidelines or secured to the head in the same manner as described for medium or long length hair styles. Ends shall be secured only with inconspicuous rubber bands. If multiple braids are worn they must encompass the whole head. MARADMIN 504/07
    http://www.marines.mil/Portals/59/Pu...20CH%201-5.pdf

Squad Leader Platinum Member Zulu 36's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I looked at your profile photo and I think you should be all set the way your hair is now. Female recruits have difficulty washing their hair properly (lack of time available) and the shorter it is, the easier and quicker to maintain.

My oldest daughter is in the Air Force and female hair regs are much the same as those in the Corps. She said the smartest thing she did was having her hair cut short for basic training. It saved her time in the morning from having to put her hair in a bun and made washing and drying simpler. She wears her hair longer now and has to bun it, but has more time to maintain her hair now that she is long out of recruit training.

Thread Information