Married Marine Life
Create Post

Question Married Marine Life

Howdy, I am hoping to qualify to enter the poolee program next summer, I am also getting married, I was curious about benefits, how different MOS effect marriages, and so on, any info would be awesome!

Similar Threads:

weeeellllll? for starters, it will be very tough on both of you especially just starting out, to be the spouse of a Marine is hard and it takes a very special person to go through that, depending on your MOS there will be long periods of separation, (you read all the time about infidelity and divorce).

Your Spouse will not be able to go with you to MCT or your MOS school, but, if you can afford it, you can rent a temporary place in the local town where if and when you get time off you can be together, but the Corps will not pay for it.

so in short, unless you have 1) a very special person who understands that the Marine Corps come first,(not just in words and wide eyed saying so but really, really understands that the Marines come first over family) and 2) you have a lot of money saved up or can get help in that matter, it will be tough,, there are those who have made it but it all depends on attitude

you make it a joy or a chore, depends on you and your spouses attitude..

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    one word, or name rather......Jody!

If you don't know the reference, Google it!

The first 5 years of my marriage I spent 18 months with my wife and it wasnt continuous. We had a baby too. Do you think you and your wife will be able to handle it?

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I, Poolee Showershoe, take you the United States Marine Corps to be my lawfully wedded life,
    knowing in my heart that you will be
    my constant friend,
    my faithful partner in life,
    and my one true love.
    On this special day of arriving at the MCRD,
    I will give to you
    in the presence of God and all those in attendance at DEP my pledge&sacred promise to stay by your side as your faithful servant
    in sickness and in health,
    in joy and in sorrow, as well as
    through the good times and the bad .
    I further promise to love you without reservation,
    honor and respect you, give you my 110% and
    provide for your needs as best I can.
    I will protect you from harm,
    comfort you in times of distress,
    grow with you in mind and spirit,
    always be open and honest with you,
    and cherish you for as long as we both shall live!!!!!!!!

What you should probably do instead of asking generic questions about stuff why dont you go talk to a recruiter and see if you actually qualify instead of hoping you qualify in the summer time. His or Her job is to answer all the generic questions you may have as well as get specific questions answered for you aswell.

Thread Information