Impersonator ?
Create Post

Thread: Impersonator ?

Impersonator ?

Hello all! Just a question, I am from Canada. Have a friend who is newly dating a fellow Canadian. Complete idiot! anyway he claims to have been a Marine, His time frame is a bit sketchy... trying to figure out if he is for real or not. This is his info... he was born in 1974
    Plt 1060 mcrd parris island, after boot was mct at camp lejune then on to my mos school at 3rd tracks in Pendleton.
    He has Children born in Ontario around 1995-1998
    How could I find a picture of this graduating class? Ed Picard is his name.

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Unless this person had been a US citizen or lawful permanent resident of the US (green card holder), he couldn't have served in any branch of the US military, never mind the Marine Corps.

It is possible to be in a Platoon 1060 at MCRD Parris Island, MCT at Camp Lejuene, and be in 3rd Tracks at Camp Pendleton.

Ask to see his DD-214 (his discharge form). If he says he didn't get one (for whatever reason), or that it's classified, he's lying about being in the Marine Corps. Everyone getting out of the US military gets a DD-214 and they're never classified.

What kind of time frame would this take a person to complete? also I did a search thru some grad photos at Parris Island and I can only find that number(1060) being used in 1980 and presently... could this be true? when I let him know this, he said they use the same numbers over and over again. I know he is lying, and inlight of what transpired at the Ottawa remembrance service, he goes on a tyrant about that impersonator, and I know he is doing the same thing! The marines would be embarrassed to spit this out, he goes from home-made little braids with jewels on them in his hair to multi coloured 1 foot Mohawks. and I am not certain he has discovered that new invention "soap"
    Is there a spot that I can look at all the graduating photos of any of these places ?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yes, boot camp platoon numbers are reused annually. They start over at the beginning of the year.

To the best of my knowledge, photos are only taken in boot camp, both individual and platoon. I do not know if those photos are available this far down the road, or from where. I still have mine from 1971.

As far as a time frame to complete boot camp, MCT, and MOS school, assuming he was a tracker, I would say six-months total (give or take a little). He probably would have enlisted for four-years active duty.

I think trying to work the DD-214 angle is your best bet. It occurred to me that he could deny getting one and still have served; he just got an embarrassing less than honorable discharge. However, he would have received a DD-214 showing the poor character of his service.

Thread Information