Usmc vietnam dog tags
Create Post

Usmc vietnam dog tags

I am posting here to let you know that a complete list of the Vietnam USMC recovered dogtags we have not yet returned are now available on our FB site:
    https://www.facebook.com/projectdogtagreturn

These are 100% authentic and are returned to you free--no-strings attached. Why? Because they're yours! Semper Fi

Similar Threads:

Credits
    Savings
    SPAM,
    and about as much a Marine,
    as an IceCream Sandwich.

You're correct I'm not a Marine and posted under a family member's profile.
    I'm also not spam and well aware of all the contoversery over fake, counterfiet, and tourist junk tags. These are not. In fact, this is a combined collection from Stacey Hansen and Bryan Marks as mentioned in both below articles from HISTORY.NET :

Of course Im sure ther are other articles and those with experiences that can and will say otherwise. But nonetheless, I'm not SPAM and was just trying to expand efforts to get the last of these returnes. And I truly thank you for your service guys. (and gals)

http://www.historynet.com/dog-tags-l...-an-update.htm

http://www.historynet.com/found-lost...ne-or-fake.htm

I HAVE A QUESTION & WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT/SUGGESTIONS: So out of nearly 800+ tags successfully returned ( I can only take a small portion of credit for that) ..There have been about 50 Marines and Soldiers who have declined their dog tag. For many they just didn't want the reminder of that chapter in their life and have chosen to keep it in the past. I completely respect that. Regardless, they are thanked for their service and assured they will not be bothered by us again. The other day I contacted a Vietnam Vet, an owner of mechanic shop on the west coast.I stated who I was, what I had and if I could return it to him. After a very slight moment of silence he solemnly yet very politely declined. He explained he had gotten rid of all his uniforms and all that stuff and he realy just didn't want it. I asked if maybe his children would like it? "Nah, I don;t think they'd want it" he again replied so quite and kind. I thanked him for his service and let him know that we would not bother him again but did ask one final question" What would you like us to do with it?" He thought for a second and then offered an honest reply that he really didn't care "I dunno? Recycle it, I guess?" The remainder of the days I felt badly that I may have stirred up memories for this Vet that he clearly wanted forgotten. But the question remains: WHAT DOES ONE DO WITH THESE UNWANTED TAGS? It just doesn't seem like tossing away this unwanted property in a trash bin is appropriate. SO WHAT SHOULD ONE DO WITH IT? Is tossing it the right thing to do?

Thread Information