Marine Corps turns back on its Marines of yesterday.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Marine Corps turns back on its Marines of yesterday.

Today, 10/31/2014 Friday, I went out shopping for a few items I needed. I ended up walking around Wall-mart or what I like to call Walleye World. As I browsed the store picking up my items I ended up looking for a new hooded cost sweater and then this flash of red hit my eye right away I say the gold single two letters MC I knew it spelled USMC. I pulled the hood like pull over sweater out from its place hanging on a rack and I was right it said USMC in our red and gold colors however the Eagle was that new Eagle the one I do not like. I looked at the tag and it said US Marine Corps Inc. I said to myself “When did the Marine Corps authorize sales of their name to Wall-mart” I was appalled to see my military emblem and name being sold to the general public it just isn’t right. I felt so disappointed in my Marine Corps. Then the faces of my dead buddies pop into my head and I said to them, you’re right guys.

As I walked to the registers to check out to head home four 4 young teenagers were walking throw the aisle walking towards me all were warring that same red Marine Corps hood sweater and all these kids were about 15 years old. Tears came to my eyes as they walk by me. I said nothing; I check out of the store and headed home. On my way home I could think of nothing else that this must be a part of the remaking America. I could not believe that the United States Marine Corps would stoop so low to sell off our clothing we wore, trained hard to reach the title of Marine all to be sold in a Wall-mart store. Where did my Marine Corps go and where did my country run off to.

Similar Threads:

Is there some regulation that says WalMart cannot sell a shirt with the USMC letters on it? Just asking.

I've never noticed any clothing with military symbols, names, etc., at Walmart here, and I live in a military town.

You can walk into most any Thrift Store and find Marine Corps Uniforms for sale, just as you can find them in most Army Surplus Stores and EBay.

You can buy all sorts of Corps stuff online and virtually anywhere else.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...s=marine+corps

I just go the MCX here at Camp Lejeune ...

a couple of years ago the Marine Corps incorporated their name and the Eagle Globe and Anchor so they could protect the name and brand..

Sorry, wrong discussion.

Last edited by Traebiz; 10-31-14 at 10:07 PM. Reason: wrong post

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by irpat54 View Post
    a couple of years ago the Marine Corps incorporated their name and the Eagle Globe and Anchor so they could protect the name and brand..

www.hqmc.marines.mil/ divpa/ Units/ MarineCorpsTrademarkLicensingProgram.aspx -

The USMC Trademark Licensing Program exists to regulate the usage of Marine Corps trademarks such as the Eagle, Globe and Anchor worldwide. This website is the official online source of information for members of the public and Department of Defense seeking information about Marine

Probibly a Chinese knockoff,, and the "Inc" thrown on to screw customs
    on it...

We need a good lawyer ??
    and IRATE CUSTOMERS

well youve got to make budget some how i guess. With them cutting people and firing people at a cyclic rate. They are trying to get rid of a lot of people this year an extra 4000 bodies need to be cut they are calling Marines inventory now. excess inventory

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    From all your comments it is OK for everyone to ware our stuff no matter they were in the Corps or not looks like open season on the phoney players to me. seeing teenagers waring USMC sweats is one thing and these are not a knock off it is labeled from the USMC property of Defense Dept. Selling stuff at a VA hospital is one thing but in an open market store, wrong.

So when you see your buddy down the street waring a USMC shirt knowing he never served this won't make you mad, right. You have funny ideas what it means to be a Marine. I earned my right to ware this title and finding out they just sell my name to the general public ****es me right the F **K off. Yes I am old Corps when I was own by the government as property....In my eyes selling our name to the public is just wrong and should stop. You all have a Semper Fi F***K*** Day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You hang in there big guy chit twists my Tail makes me wanna bust off a Chunk of C4 & cram it Up that Faggots A$$ & set it Off w/My Cattle PROD

Credits
    Savings
    Hell, they're selling medals on line....thank the supreme court, all the rest of the judges and our federal elected officials who never served and refuse to do anything to stop it. If the veterans organizations got together and told them to pass laws stopping it or we'd support anyone who would, it would be stopped.

Some things just may work out for the good. It could plant a seed into young minds that maybe someday they might be good enough to earn the EAGLE GLOBE AND ANCHOR! With the way this current administration is clearing out all of the old experience of their officer corps and even the heart and soul of the Marine Corps the Staff NCO's God only knows what is going to happen down the road.

Thread Information