Quick Question about helping a Marine?
Create Post

Lightbulb Quick Question about helping a Marine?

Say I am going to enlist in the Marines. When I do can I say my buddy who is in the Marines (PFC) referred me and get him a higher rank or anything. If so is there some form I need to fill out?

Similar Threads:

Yes you can. Talk to the recruiter. He gets points towards his promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by devilbones2 View Post
    Yes you can. Talk to the recruiter. He gets points towards his promotion.
    This but good luck if you can actually get them to give him the credit. Has it happened before why certainly but i know of a few individuals who got the green weenie when it came to trying to get Meritorious lance.

So it appears to be hit or miss if my buddy will get the points? Which is what I was afraid of. The worst they can do is not give him the points.

Thank you guys for your replies I meet with my reciter again in about a week and I will bring this up.

Quote Originally Posted by MunkyVsRobot View Post
    This but good luck if you can actually get them to give him the credit. Has it happened before why certainly but i know of a few individuals who got the green weenie when it came to trying to get Meritorious lance.
    Heres the thing. Your friend must have referred you to the recruiter. If the recruiter already had your contact info and a file on you they dont have to give you any points. If the recruiter is cool he may hook your friend up, if not he will do what he pleases. Good luck.

Thanks for the info. Ill let you know what happens

Thread Information