(repost, reason wrong section) Recon Help..
Create Post

Question (repost, reason wrong section) Recon Help..

I just have a simple question for any Marines that have been through BRC and passed.

I have a guaranteed UZ contract and I'm hesitant as if I'm in good enough shape to pass or not.
    I run 3 miles to pt, do pt and run another 3 miles back home. My PFT is 16 Pullups, 120 Crunches and 20:12 3 mile..

My ship date for Recruit training is 20141208.

My question is do you think I have what it takes to pass physically? Of course I'm gonna work on it and build up as much as I can this next month and a half.

Thanks!

--Update--

Yesterday ran 6 miles and today ran 4.5 w/ 20 lb pack to PT..
    Hopefully I'll have my PFT perfected in time..

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Passing BRC is not all about being a PT stud, most of it is mental and pushing you past your comfort zone. I personally know a 300PFT'r and CFT'r that got dropped from BRC.

With the numbers you posted you should be fine. Remember you still have boot camp to get through as well as SOI/ITB, which while physically challenging won't exactly leave you in amazing shape and ready for BRC

Thank you for the reply sir!

I have one more question though, Is it true that some people go through bootcamp and their pullup count actually drops? and if so is there a designated place for me to do pullups on the little freetime that I get?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David4477 View Post
    Thank you for the reply sir!

I have one more question though, Is it true that some people go through bootcamp and their pullup count actually drops? and if so is there a designated place for me to do pullups on the little freetime that I get?
    there is a pull-up bar in the squad bays/barracks at boot camp

What about swimming?

A appreciate the replies josephd.

and I'm very confident about my swimming, I've swam all the way from one side to the other at Laurel Lake in london, ky. Maybe 300 yards easily.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    That's it ? try a mile with a 50 pound pack on your back.
    Hell I had to swim a mile just to make Eagle Scout and that was many, many moons ago.

I couldnt do a mile alone, I swam the 300m with no vest or anything.. but a mile? nahh couldn't do it and wouldn't try it.

from what I seen the instructors give you a vest and the 50 pound pack floats, the only problem is the fact it's still 50 pounds and it's still a mile with waves pushing you back.

Only way for me to really know how tough it is, is to throw me in the water with the gear and scream "swim maggot!"

Thread Information