Recon help
Create Post

Thread: Recon help

Question Recon help

I'm new to this site, I'm sorry if It's not in the right location or anything.. I just have a simple question for any Marines that have been through BRC and passed.

I have a guaranteed UZ contract and I'm hesitant as if I'm in good enough shape to pass or not. I run 3 miles to pt, do pt and run another 3 miles back home. My PFT is 16 Pullups, 120 Crunches and 20:12 3 mile..
    My ship date for Recruit training is 20141208.

My question is do you think I have what it takes to pass physically? Of course I'm gonna work on it and build up as much as I can this next month and a half.

Thanks!
    ..Again my regards if I posted in the wrong location or anything..

Similar Threads:

You might want to post in the "Ask a Marine" section to get some answers. You're current level of fitness is good but not great. Recon expects perfection on the PFT and everything else. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply sir,

I will try to move it to that section, if I can't I'll just repost it there.
    yesterday ran 6 miles and today ran 4.5 with a pack to pt..
    Hopefully I'll get it perfected in time.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    My friend's boyfriend is in recon, he is in the 4th reconnaissance battalion. Apparently, if you go in with a high PFT 250+ and a high CFT 260-270+, then you won't be as miserable. He told me it's all mental, they want to weed out those who couldn't hack it.

Thread Information