Bootcamp and painkillers?
Create Post

Question Bootcamp and painkillers?

I get killer migraine headaches every 2/3 weeks or so. Would I be allowed to bring some ibuprofen to basic training...If not any suggestions? Thanks for any feedback

Similar Threads:

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    no and no......youre not going to be able to enlist

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Cmeister, there are quite a few threads about this kind of thing, some as recent as a day or two, take a look at them, not way back in the archives, easy to find, but it's all laid out there. There was something about this just yesterday on another thread here.

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    (Some time ago there were stickies here that outlined basic things, like, you cannot bring meds to boot camp, etc but someone removed them all, and so the same questions are raised over and over and over again. Too bad the stickies cannot come back, or at least one that answers at least fifty percent of the questions here.)

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Not to place work on them, they have enough to do already, but can you imagine one sticky, compiled by josephd, munkyvsrobot, and huklebuk, dealing with the few questions that are asked here repeatedly (through no fault of the posters)?

A simple reading of such a sticky would answer most questions. Not that we mind answering them, but it would be a focused response to most of them.

But that was the old days on this site.

No pain killers for you and possibly no enlistment for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmeister View Post
    I get killer migraine headaches every 2/3 weeks or so. Would I be allowed to bring some ibuprofen to basic training...If not any suggestions? Thanks for any feedback
    Is that on the list of things you are allowed to bring to MCRD? Its a pretty short list shouldnt be hard to answer.

No, is the answer you cannot.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    There is nothing basic about Marine Corps Boot Camp !!!

The answer is no !!!

Understood marines, much thanks, I'll just have to let the damn headaches run their course when they come. I wouldn't want to let something like that stand in the way of enlisting, especially since I've lived with them thus far through countless football practices, wrestling matches and track meets without any meds (although they do help). Pretty sure I have no medical records regarding headaches, should I still apply for a waiver, or best to leave it be?

Might be a good idea, unless you are looking to catch a possible Article 83 for when the headaches become too much and your freudian slip gives you away.

Sometimes you have to think about the Marine Corps before yourself Cmeister. Are your killer migraines going to go away? What happens if you get one in a combat zone?

Very true and good points Achillies and MunkyVsRobot, I'm currently doing accupuncture meant to stop the damn things altogether but this was just me thinking worst case, you're definitely right though and I've thought about that as well. I'd never wanna jeopardize anyone around me or the usmc. I've just been itching to enlist ASAP so hopefully these accu-dudes aren't quacks. Thanks for the wise words

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    Good luck grasshopper.

Thread Information